HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o. is a part of HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from over 6,300 offices in over 75 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Currently, we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
(IT COO) RBWM Workforce management specialist
Ref No: HTK/IT COO/RBWMWMS/07/2018
The People & Workforce Team contains around 4 staff in offshore locations. It is responsible for managing the RBWM Technology Workforce plans.
The Retail Banking and Wealth Management Business offers a range of services, including personal banking, mortgages, loans, credit cards, savings and investments and insurance.
Within RBWM Technology there are 11 service lines, with an USD0.6bn Direct Cost budget and approximately 7,000 people, spread over multiple locations worldwide.
This role sits in the RBWM Technology COO team under the People & Workforce stream. The purpose of the team is to govern the RBWM Technology people related activities and manage the workforce plans and execution.
- Manpower plan submissions and reporting
- Review of Role Requisitions (RRs) including active management of all statuses of the workflows
- Liaise with Service Line (SL) Business Managers to improve data quality of RRs and provide accurate forecast of the workforce
- Distribute manpower forecast templates including latest headcount actuals
- Validate and challenge manpower forecasts against targets
- Affordability analysis re Headcount plans
- Analysis of transformation & savings benefits
- Production of Headcount MI including trends
- Interact with central IT COO and respond to fire-drill requests as necessary
- Review of targets and provide input as necessary to boundary transfers
- Involvement in Boundary change processes including HC, budget, target transfer etc, working with Service Line
- To be able to provide this level of service the successful candidate will be well organized, disciplined, be able to work with minimal supervision, have exceptional attention to detail, and able to follow tasks through to completion.
- We are specifically looking for candidates who can play a full and active part in the People & Workforce team and deliver on their responsibilities.
- University graduate preferably with a degree in IT or finance background – relevant business management experience will also be considered;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal) in English;
- Highly developed reasoning and analytical skills;
- Experience with IT systems and reporting tools. Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and proven fast learner;
- Accountability – takes ownership of tasks assigned to ultimate resolution;
- Process oriented and structured approach to work and able to efficiently manage multiple tasks;
- Cultivates a collaborative and cooperative attitude;
- Ability to challenge accepted wisdom to ensure focus is aimed at the most appropriate solution rather than accept those that have “always been that way”;
- An appreciation and respect for local cultures, and ability to both influence and work effectively with them;
- Good process analysis and problem solving skills;
- Ability to drive change and improvement to existing processes and to create new processes;
- Decision-maker – considered and timely especially when under pressure;
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, third party consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users;
- Willingness to own work and problems and see through to completion and to use own initiative to resolve issues, whilst dealing with a diverse range of people;
- Strong interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to succeed within a matrix management structure and build and maintain global team relationships;
- Ability to work with resources based in other locations;
- Proven ability to prioritise workload effectively in line with business priorities;
- ‘Can Do’ attitude. Willing to turn a hand to whatever task is required;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, work independently, proactively and under pressure against multiple deadlines and to contribute to a larger team; to have flexible approach to responsibilities;
- Self-motivation, and a proven rapid learning capability in a changing environment are essential;
- Drive and tenacity to ensure change is effectively implemented in a matrix environment. Experience of working in teams across dispersed geographies;
- Committed to personal and professional development.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to distil key facts from complex issues and present them appropriately to the audience, business or technical, junior or senior;
- Ability to work autonomously under pressure to tight deadlines, prioritising work in a multi-client environment where demand exceeds supply and resolving the conflicts that result;
- Experience working in Financial and Banking sector with good exposure to regulatory and compliance requirements needed in this sector
- Experience working on risk control and remediation with keen sense of identifying Risk and vulnerabilities.
- Highly disciplined approach to documentation standards, including version control management
- Experience of working on global initiatives, engaging with team members and stakeholders in multiple locations.
- Stable job in professional team,
- Interesting path of career in an international organization,
- Consistent scope of responsibilities,
- Private health care, employees’ benefits.