HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o. is a part of HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from over 6,300 offices in over 75 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Currently, we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
IT Cost and Contracts Manager (IT COO)
Ref No: HTK/IT COO/ITCACM/06/2018
In this role, there will be specific responsibility for managing the contract lifecycle from an IT perspective for a number of specific contracts, including evaluating renewals of contracts ahead of time, challenging demand / requirements and working collaboratively with technical teams and procurement to obtain an optimal commercial deal. Maintaining the IT contracts calendar for the relevant IT teams including correct articulation of the financial P&L profiles, owning the renewal trigger points and driving subsequent actions will be essential. Furthermore support will be provided to each area to assist working towards a complete zero-based budgeting approach.
Candidates will be commercially-aware with expertise in Cost or Commercial Management and shall be responsible for creating and maintaining a robust governance model in evaluating, reviewing all IT expenditure and proactively driving cost reduction across Technology.
- Driving sustainable growth; develops the business responsibly. Involvement in the strategic planning of an overall supplier management approach and governance model in alignment with global IT and Procurement strategies, to ensure business needs are met. Assist with the direction of HSBC’s IT supplier relationships tomaximise commercial benefit to HSBC. Build effective relationships with key stakeholders across IT, Procurement and Legal teams as appropriate to plan and monitor implementation of contract management activities.
- Achieving excellence; drives business performance. Supports the IT Cost Management team and GBGF to identify and discuss any changes to HSBC strategy or policy to ensure the supplier understands HSBC’s business. Escalate issues with contract management in line with discussions with GBGF
- Customer focus; creates a customer-centred culture. Develop and maintain strong and professional working relationships across IT and GBGFs
- Grow equally strong and professional working relationships with supplier account teams, and product/regional representatives.
- Hold suppliers to account for the provision of quality assurance commensurate with HSBC's expectations and industry best practice ensuring Cost Management practices are adhered to and met
- Understand any changes in scope of the supplier relationship and work with Global Supplier Relationship managers to understand business needs. Participate in the development of an overall strategic Supplier Relationship Management approach in alignment with global IT, and Procurement Strategies, to ensure business needs are met.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Ensure Cost Management practices are understood in the relevant GBGFs and support customers through the necessary processes
- Work with technical teams, procurement and suppliers in advance of renewals and required purchases to optimise volumes, challenge requirements and achieve best price for the organisation.
- Work with the GBGFs to establish upcoming contracts and ensure all requirements have been submitted to the IT Cost Management process in good time
- Ensure that IT have adequate governance and quality assurance functions and processes in place in relation to contracts management for preferred supplier relationships, particularly with regard to regulatory, legislative and audit requirements.
- Managing risk responsibly. Sustain a risk aware culture. Promotes and manages relevant monitoring and reporting requirements within their team. Embeds efficient risk, compliance processes and procedures (FIMs, GSMs etc.) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of Operational Risk and adherence to the Group’s standards of ethical behaviour.
- Assist with business case & benefits realisation. Defines and articulates to stakeholders the targeted benefits for a change intervention. Demonstrates effective financial skills to support a detailed business case, including investments, detailed benefits (financial, non-financial and strategic) and link to overall finances of the business.
- Contribute towards contract governance and strict cost management to ensure HSBC is deriving expected value from the related engagement.
- Typically educated to undergraduate degree level.
- Experience with vendor, cost and commercial management including cost reduction / optimisation programmes
- Familiarity with IT Infrastructure platforms / technologies, execution of IT vendor management policies
- Good understanding of the IT global delivery model and future roadmap
- Ability to work as part of a multi geography, culturally diverse and time-zone separated team
- Good communications skills and ability to motivate and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Analytical with the ability to understand and resolve problems
- Stable job in professional team,
- Interesting path of career in an international organization,
- Consistent scope of responsibilities,
- Private health care, employees’ benefits.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.