At MoneyGram, it is our mission to bring family, friends, and loved ones together through our services. Whether it’s cash-to-cash, online or via mobile devices we integrate innovative technology to make sure people around the world have the freedom to make their dreams a reality.
IT Operations Specialist
Work Place: Warszawa
The IT Operations Specialist III is responsible for providing support for IT issues, including day to day deployment and support of hardware and software. This position also performs advanced telecom, network, middleware, or application support tasks as part of the Technology Operations Management team. The incumbent ensures incidents reported from level 1 groups are resolved or escalated as quickly as possible, meeting all SLA requirements and reducing the need for Engineering or Application Development groups to engage in support activities. Additionally, the Operations Specialist position is responsible for identifying trends and escalating any recurring problems to senior support staff; making recommendations to reduce user problems.
- Responds to and resolves support-related service desk tickets based on severity level, adhering to pre-defined SLAs.
- Works with staff with ultimate goal of resolving 90% of all incidents without escalating.
- Escalates to higher level when appropriate.
- Communicates and documents common issues and resolutions to other support staff to minimize user downtime.
- Communicates and coordinates with senior technical staff to permanently resolve recurring or common issues.
- Provides feedback to management on support trends and issues.
- Provides leadership to other members of the team as a senior-level specialist.
- Performs software installations or hardware deployments following standard procedures.
- Leverages available tools and resources.
- Coordinates with users to ensure timely delivery following standard SLAs.
- Performs system rebuilds and upgrades as needed and follows standard operating procedures.
- Replaces component level hardware and/or perform software upgrades as needed, while minimizing user downtime.
- Provides metrics and trending information to management.
- Leads small scale projects.
- Provides support and ad hoc resources for larger projects and initiatives.
- Provides on-call support on a rotational basis or as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Certifications such as A+, Network+, MCDST, MCP, MOS, MCSA or equivalent experience preferred
- 5-7 years' IT support experience in the relevant area of technology.
- 5-7 years' proven customer service experience, and must communicate clearly, courteously and professionally over the phone.
- Experience supporting remote users using technology such as VPN, VNC, Citrix.
- Experience supporting WINS, DNS, Active Directory preferred.
- Experience supporting Microsoft and/or Linux servers preferred.
- Experience supporting MS Exchange preferred.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, and networking principles.
- Excellent problem solving skills and broad understanding of relationships between hardware and applications, and client/server relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to probe, diagnose and resolve customer issues.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.