IT Project Manager
Ref. no: WRO00217
About EY GDS
EY Global Delivery Services means 29.500 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
Join our EY Technology – Client Technology team and be part of transforming Client Technology into a product organization to better meet the demands of the business to deliver products to market for our Advisory clients that can provide recurring revenue streams and take advantage of disruption in the market place. Client Technology (CT) focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables us to identify new technology-based opportunities faster and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
As a Project manager in Client Technology, you will be responsible for delivering IT projects to schedule, budget and quality. The role requires mastery of the technical knowledge of project management inter-related process stages i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management. Proficiency in related processes such as portfolio management, program management, methods and tools and quality assurance is also required. You must have excellent stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully lead and manage the project team and project stakeholders, and have expertise recognized and requested by customers.
Your key responsibilities
- Successfully execute projects to agreed schedule, budget and scope
- Perform the relevant project management processes - i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management
- Monitor and control the work to ensure that the project remains on track and in control; plan for and manage change
- Close the project to formalize acceptance of the project result and release project resources
- Interface and communicate with project team, management and stakeholders
- Perform gate reviews and quality assurance reviews with all aspects of IT organization and business sponsors
- Ensure that quality project standards are met as prescribed by IT Services through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies and deliverables
- Proactively identify risks and issues on projects - leading team to develop risk management and issues management plans
- Anticipate problems before they occur; define the problem or risk; identify possible causes; work with team to identify solutions; select and implement most appropriate solution
- Ability to balance both the "science" of how to perform project management and the "art" of project management, which is learned through experience and skill training/application
- Analytical skills and problem-solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
- Lead project teams consisting of cross functional, global, and virtual groups
- National and international travel may be required
Skills and attributes for success
- + 5 years’ experience in project management
- Experience managing IT projects with personal accountability for delivering to time and cost for large, complex projects typically up to $5m in value and 12 to 18 months in duration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Mastery of project management methodology, tools and templates (includes project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management)
- Track record of customer focus, based on openness, trust, and delivering on promises
- Extensive experience of delivery that includes the use of supplier and off-shore resources
- Experienced in managing to contract; ensuring clients and suppliers alike perform in accordance with original agreement
- Experience across packaged and bespoke systems and infrastructure, ideally on an international basis
- Management skills to manage one or more large, complex projects simultaneously
- IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in all project phases – plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implement
- Knowledge and use of industry-standard project methods, tools and techniques e.g. RAIDS, budget, communication
- Strong team working skills across matrixed client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (includes negotiation)
- Leader in the use of IT methodologies, processes and standards for project management
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Other relevant experience in a related technical field (application development, deployment/implementation and infrastructure)
- Work experience in a professional services industry, preferred
- Project management certification is preferred (PMI/CAPM or PMP, PRINCE2)
- Familiarity with ITIL v2 or 3 would be advantageous
Who we look for?
- Self-driven and motivated
- Ability to act independently to deliver projects to schedule, budget and scope
- Initiates and influences relationships with and between key stakeholders
- Acts as a single point of contact for senior stakeholders and influencers
- Very good understanding of the business strategy, services and business processes
- Ability to provide valid input to Business Case Creations and Estimates
What working at EY GDS offers?
In EY GDS you can count on stable employment and upgrading your career. You will meet people and gain important knowledge and insights that will stay with you throughout your professional life.