sharing the costs of sports activities
IT Security Engineer
Eltel Networks Poland S.A.
- Jana z Kolna 11, GdańskGdańsk, Pomeranian
- offer expired 3 months ago
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
- hybrid work
- Immediate employment
- remote recruitment
- запрошуємо працівників з України
Technologies we use
About the project
The IT Security Specialist performs two core functions for the enterprise. The first is the day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions while the second is the identification, investigation and resolution of security breaches detected by those systems. Secondary tasks may include involvement in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments. The IT Security Specialist is expected to be fully aware of the enterprise’s security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
Strategy & Planning
• Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture,.
• Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures) under the direction of the IT Security Manager, where appropriate.
• Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated trainings in IT security area.
• Respond to IT security incidents and related systems outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge in the IT security area, including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
• Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
• Participate in the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures and the enterprise’s security documents.
• Keep current with the latest technologies.
• Monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
• Review logs and reports of all in-place security solutions.
• Participate in investigations into problematic activity.
• When potential threat or breach attempted found, closing off the security vulnerability.
• Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
• Provide support for end users for all in-place security solutions.
• Receive and respond to incoming messages (calls, e-mails, chats) regarding IT security problems.
• As part of IT security, monitor and test network performance and network devices when necessary.
• As part of IT security, practice infrastructure asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory.
• Prepare incident reports based on data from ticketing system.
• Provide guidance to junior members of IT team.
Formal Education & Certification
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science
• At least 3 years equivalent work experience will be additional advantage.
• Certification in IT security area will be important additional advantage.
• Strong communicative English required.
Knowledge & Experience
• Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
• Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
• Firewall technologies in general
• Ability to operate network component analyzers, scanners and testers.
• Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Intermediate MS Office with good MS Excel skills.
• Good communication skills
• Positive attitude and strong social skills – in some cases working in pressure situations. Cooperation with co-workers, customers and service suppliers.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks – there is a need to be well organized and be able to handle multiple concurrent tasks efficiently.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Project management - being part of multiple teams and being able to work with project coordination, project scheduling, task completion, task updates, etc.
• Self-motivation and being directed into resolving problems.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Working experience in a team-oriented, collaborative and international environment.
This is how we organize our work
This is how we work
- in house
What we offer
Flat structure & prompt decisions
Open communication & transparency
Dynamic, international environment
Nordic work culture
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
no dress code
coffee / tea
employee referral program
MyBenefit platform (including Multisport card)
Eltel Networks Poland S.A.
Eltel is a leading Northern European provider of technical services for critical infrastructure networks – Infranets – in the segments of Power, Communication and Other, with operations throughout the Nordics, Poland and Germany. Eltel provides a broad, integrated range of services from maintenance and upgrade services to project deliveries. This includes design, planning, building, installing and securing the operation of power and communication networks for a more sustainable and connected world today and for future generations.