We are a team of IT experts, who provide excellent services for GSK sites worldwide on a daily basis. As a part of a global healthcare company, we work in a multinational environment, support around
100 000 GSK employees and over 20 000 systems in the entire company. At present, at our office
in Poznan, we employ about 500 highly-skilled professionals.
If you want to enter the world of IT possibilities, join GSK IT as:
IT Service Consultant,
JOB NO.: WD100896
GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you’ll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you’ll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
This Competency center is a validated portfolio of applications based around Oracle's Argus Adverse Event management system aligned to Pharmacovigilance & Drug Safety business areas. It is one the most critical GSK systems helping business respond to tight regulatory timelines impacting patient safety. This role owns the performance, operations and continuous improvement of an application or group of applications within a portfolio and manages the full lifecycle while in production. This is an individual contributor role that will also be assigned to work in Project Teams.
- Ensures continuity of business execution through ensuring production applications are: fitting for purpose and support the evolving business processes and they meet an agreed Risk Profile (aging of technologies, controlled regarding regulated applications, aligned with business continuity).
- Provides the linkage of technology and business process understanding to quickly restore service, including the creation of facile and creative workarounds, as necessary across 2-3 business processes/services and associated applications (5-15+ applications), supporting large user populations, across multiple business units/geographies), or support business critical processes.
- Participates in troubleshooting in applications across multiple technology domains and business areas.
- Ensures accurate and easy processes are followed to ensure ongoing continuity of knowledge.
- Running the metrics, organizing high – level meetings, carrying out ITCP activities.
- Experience in working with relational Databases (e.g. SQL Server or Oracle) and ability to develop SQL queries,
- Degree in computer science or related field,
- Good understanding of service processes,
- Knowledge of ITIL,
- Proven experience in working and supporting tickets processes,
- Being process – oriented,
- Background of large scale support (24/7).
- Basic programming skills (preferably C#) are advantage,
- Experience in Incident, Change, Problem management,
- Knowledge and experience working with Six Sigma/Lean Sigma processes and tools,
- Knowledge of business units supported and general pharmaceutical awareness,
- Ability to work across boundaries, i.e. Japan,
- Highly developed communication skills.
- It is crucial to inform your current manager about this application.