Smith & Nephew is a global advanced medical technology business. We support healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries to improve the quality of life for their patients. Since 1856, when our founder T.J. Smith developed a new method for refining cod liver oil, and in World War One when his nephew led the supply of wound care products, to the present day, Smith & Nephew continues to pioneer health solutions.
Through our market leadership positions in Sports Medicine, Trauma, Orthopaedic Reconstruction and Advanced Wound Management, our 16,000 employees continue to improve outcomes and expand access, constantly striving to create value for healthcare professionals, patients, payers and shareholders.
IT Service Delivery Manager - Unified Communications
The IT Service Delivery Manager, Unified Communications, is responsible for the service strategy, technology roadmap and lifecycle, service development and service delivery performance of Smith & Nephew's voice, video, messaging and collaboration services. Unified Communications covers:
- voice services over soft, fixed and mobile phones over switched, IP and mobile networks
- video conferencing services including VC rooms, bridges, room/office devices
- Messaging, sharing, whiteboard collaborations as part of Skype / TEAMs
- Service Management:
- Responsible for delivering IT services throughout the service lifecycle within the agreed service levels. Identify service vendors, establish services and manage vendor performance.
- Manage and provide visibility on the maintenance of <area> applications availability, reliability, maintainability, outage serviceability & continuity requirements against the cost justified service and operating/service level agreements for the service
- Plan, direct and coordinate the efforts of suppliers’ operations teams to manage and maintain BAU service, the provision of the <area> systems
- Oversee the general health of the live service required to meet business requirements.
- Oversee implementation of, and adherence to, security standards (security strategy set by Security Architecture).
- Ensure ongoing architectural integrity of the service throughout its lifecycle.
- Ensure that all IT Service Management processes, Service Level Agreements and Underpinning Contracts are appropriate for the agreed service level targets.
The role is responsible for setting global standards, technical and service aspects of the platform, supporting complex solutions and ensuring solutions will fit within the network architecture. Keep abreast with advanced Unified Communication technology used by the industry. Assume responsibility for technical studies and make recommendations for products and services covering the overall UC platform.
- Brings innovative communications technologies to Smith & Nephew, integrates them with the existing infrastructure and applications.
- Builds and maintains Unified Communications (UC) roadmap. Integrates the roadmap with the long-term technology planning.
- Increases adoption of Unified Communications technologies and helps users optimize their processes taking advantage of new technical capabilities.
- Keeps up with technology trends and recommends specific vendors, technologies, and solutions.
- Develops, evaluates and manages budget for Unified Communications
- Plan, Lead and deliver project and enhancement delivery in agile manner.
- Evaluating existing technologies services and identifying improvements in the voice infrastructure. Monitoring corporate and remote telecommunications voice systems to identify technical operating problems with partners.
- Lead the delivery execution of the <area> projects to achieve scope, schedule, financial, & quality commitments through operating a metrics-based management system, ensuring adherence to principles and standards in the solution lifecycle management process.
- Collaborate and leverage IT competency centres and shared services
- Ensure the project success metrics are met.
Experience: Typically has 10 years of IT work experience, with at least 5 years of service and delivery management experience in global and complex environments
- Bachelor's degree in computer science / information technology or equivalent experience
- Expertise in core technologies such as voice architecture, VoIP and SIP, video conferencing platforms, mobile technologies.
- Experience in IT delivery and Service management in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- Proven record of supporting complex <area> systems preferably in the life science sector
- Strong knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Experience in managing IT for multiple sites, in multiple geographic
- Effective negotiation skills
- Proficient in building collaborative teams, maintain calm and focus under pressure and instil that ability in others, and be effective communicators
- Training/certification in ITIL, Agile, Project Management preferred
- Communicates and negotiates effectively in English, both formally and informally.
- Ability to operate effectively in a global multi-cultural environment and drive harmonization and standardization
- Analyses, designs, plans, executes and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets. Analyses needs and advises on scope and options for continuous operational improvement.
- Demonstrates creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the industry. Takes initiative to keep skills up to date.
- Proactively ensures security is appropriately addressed within their area by self and others. Engages or works with security specialists as necessary. Contributes to the security culture of the organisation.
- Private health care | multisport card | life insurance
- Subsidies for trainings | postgraduate studies
- Annual bonus | sharesave plan | going extra miles program
- Subsidized meals and fruits | integration parties
- Possibility of working remotely | flexible working hours
- Possibility of growth in the life sciences start-up company
- Caring, collaborative and courageous business environment
- Relaxation zones in the modern workplace