IT Solution Architect
Ref. no: WAR0012I
About EY GDS
EY Global Delivery Services means 27.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
EY Technology is a global organization that works with our internal clients, to provide IT support and solution to client teams, internal support functions and global projects and programs. Over the next few years, GDS Poland will increase the number of IT professionals in its center to develop and support EY’s business and internal applications. These professionals include IT project managers, business analysts, software architects, infrastructure engineers.
The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible for delivering solution designs and architectures for key global initiatives as part of a product team using COTS, MOTS and custom developed applications hosted using IaaS, PaaS and SaaS hosting models. Our purpose is to help build a better working world and we can’t do it without the right people – exceptional people who want to work with the best, develop their skills as leaders and create positive change.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Architect and design products and solutions to exceed functional and non-functional requirements as defined by the Product Manager
- Work closely with the rest of IT and the business to build close relationships, understand their specific needs and act as a trusted advisor to help influence how IT is used to benefit the whole organization.
- Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts
- Evangelize re-use through consumption and creation or expansion of shared and/or reusable assets
- Ensure adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Proactively guide DevSecOps methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Guide engineering staff and review as-built configurations during construction phase
- Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities required for solution/product operations
- Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full lifecycle
- Use strategic thinking and consider the art of the possible, comparing various options based on feasibility and impact
- Propose actionable plans and roadmaps that balance tactical and strategic needs
The role is primarily an individual contributor in a Solution Architecture team. Works with architecture leaders and peers, product owners, project managers, engineers, business analysts and business stakeholders to drive a project’s progress and ensure success.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions
- Able to distill complex technical challenges into actionable decisions for stakeholders
- Able to define and negotiate the intersection of complex system dependencies and interactions
- Guide project teams by building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary
- Excellent technical architecture skills in the context of global platform/product design, service management and lifecycle management
- Ability to rapidly explore and navigate complex and evolving organizational structures
- Ability to rapidly learn new and emerging technologies and develop a vision of their suitability and role as a new product or within a product or solution
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline)
- Minimum of 15+ years overall IT industry experience
- Minimum of 5+ years in a solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using any Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Experience with any claims-based authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, JIT, and/or RBAC / Ping etc
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience with mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
- Experience with multi-geography, multi-tier service design and management
- Configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, DSC, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.
- Software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools
- Relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Cosmos, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Neo4j etc.
- Data movement and transformation technologies such as Alteryx etc
- Visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Analytics tools including Azure Stream Analytics, SQL Analytics, Data Lakes Analytics.
- AI and Machine Learning tools such as Azure ML etc.
- Delivery using common methodologies especially SAFe Agile but also Waterfall, Iterative etc.
- Certifications e.g. Microsoft, TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL, Cisco, (ISC)2, CEH, SAFe, PMI, etc.
Who we look for
We love working with people who are passionate about their job and have amazing skills in their area a think that: you’re an expert in the field with highly developed business and interpersonal skills, you’re always ready to face new professional challenges, you’re a person with a great sense of humor and you’re open to cross-border experiences; it’s a role for you.
What working at EY GDS offers
In EY GDS you can count on stable employment and upgrading your career. You will meet people and gain important knowledge and insights that will stay with you throughout your professional life.
If you feel that the role suits your personal goals and career path, please send us your current resume.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.