The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Volvo Group IT in Wroclaw is looking for candidates for the position:
Java Application Developer
We are looking for a person to work in a Development and Runtime Team. You will be responsible for providing IT solutions to the Volvo Group businessess.
It’s a truly multicultural team, being a big fun of working in an agile way, motivated to share knowledge and further develop themselves.
- Create and mainatin applications
- Create good practices and propose improvements
- Gather requirements from the stakeholders and document such requirements
- Develop detailed designs of medium complexity applications/database
- Plan and establish a Software Configuration Management plan and secure that it is communicated
- Be competent in cost effective estimation and planning of development, deployment and operation activities
- Suggest ideas and actively contribute in relevant Group IT communities and bodies
- Secure that the necessary and relevant review and audits are performed for the product
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Java EE/Spring
- Knowledge of Java runtimes: WebSphere/JBoss/Tomcat
- Practical knowledge of Java Script/AngularJS
- Hands on experience with databases (SQL, Oracle, PostgeSQL)
- Hands on experience with Agile, Scrum
- Practical experience in TDD
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Delivery, DevOps will be a plus
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design will be a plus
What makes us special?
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Responsible and challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology
- Partnership with professionals, identified career paths including global opportunities
- International projects in company with certain recognition on the market
- Comprehensive introduction training package with mentor’s support
- Friendly workplace: modern campus with many facilities – medical center, restaurant, lunch rooms, sport/leisure area (football, basketball, tennis)
We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual!
Work Place: Wrocław