State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for the position of
Junior Accountant, Associate 1
JOB ID - 172474
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was first established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2500 staff members at three sites across the city and will now open a new office in Gdańsk. This will offer multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle as our Poland branch provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits (including Employee Savings Plan) and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose of Role:
- Transition incl. travels of assigned accounting activities from local country finance unit to Financial shared Service Center - when and where applicable and directed by manager
- Service liaison for assigned country
- Ensure operational readiness in assigned are of expertise including relevant process documentation and training received
- Perform assigned daily, weekly or monthly accounting tasks in a timely and accurate manner under the direction of the Team Leader and/or Service Delivery Lead and/or Finance Shared Service Manager and/or his delegate
- Perform the accounting processes that may include [but is not limited to]: accounting documents processing, journal processing, payments preparation, account reconciliation, preparation and verification of the reports, performing other projects as assigned etc.
- Work according to priorities and deadlines outlined by the Team Leader
- When and where applicable and directed by manager shadow accounting processing at the local country during the transition period. Prepare transition documentation according to the instructions and under supervision of Team
- Develop the career plan with Team Leader/Service Delivery lead and execute accordingly
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior ensuring accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Participate in & support company committees and initiatives.
Keeping Service Quality
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients.
- Complete your job-related tasks as designed by procedures and requested by the manager following the principles of (1) quality (2) completeness and (3) timeliness
- Aim to identify process improvements. Keep process documentation up to date [change management] Leader
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures
- Co-participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products within the department and within the State Street Corporation, if requested; support team leader by assisting with planning and management of all relevant project work
- Maintain close contact with the direct manager, briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with client, colleagues and key internal suppliers
Ensure that direct manager is kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given
- Language skills, at least intermediate in written and verbal in English and country language if required (Italian, German, French)
- Finance or Accounting education
- PC application knowledge and basic Excel skill-set are necessary
- Understands and can explain the basic accounting principles in theory
- Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under time pressure, give accurate and timely delivery
- Pro-active approach, with initiative, detailed oriented and reliability
- Attention to detail crucial