private medical care
Junior Accounts Payable Accountant, International
- rondo Daszyńskiego 1, Wola, WarszawaWarszawa, Masovian
- offer expired 2 months ago
- contract of employment
- junior specialist (Junior)
- hybrid work
On Operational Excellence:
• Responsible for timely and accurate vendor invoices entry
• OCR learning for improved accuracy and process automation to speed straight-through processing of incoming vendor invoices
• Ensure the accurate processing and accounting of vendor invoices
• Review VAT accounting and ensure accurate and complete records in accordance with respective country regulations
• Perform and support various control and reconciliations activities in the AP process (matching to purchase requisitions, vendor statements, accounts payable ageing, etc.)
• Ensure the timely payment of invoices
• Respond to vendor inquiries and resolve discrepancies
• Assist in the preparation of VAT returns, as well as other tax and statistical reports
• Support automation of VAT reporting, providing country specific requirements
• Perform monthly closing activities
• Help stabilize and standardize the AP process to ensure compliance with tax, legal and accounting requirements
On Stakeholder Management:
• Collaborate with, support and assist the Global AP team
• Support the preparation of various analysis for AP stakeholders such as business teams or function operations (e.g. vendor performance monitoring, payment term negotiations
Bachelor’s degree preferred
5-1 years’ experience in accounting, preferably accounts payable
High motivation and attention to details
Self-organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills for communication to internal customers and external vendors
Ability to own/manage respective responsibilities and work with limited daily direction
Proactive and solutions-oriented
Hands-on experience with AP processes and accounting in an International environment, preferably with knowledge of manufacturing processes
Familiar with international VAT rules and submission processes
Experience in supporting process improvements
Strong team player
Biotech experience preferred
Experience with financial system including SAP and Open Text is preferred
Excellent Polish and English skills, both written and verbal. Additional languages are a plus
A desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious and Collaborative
employee referral program
generous computer glasses and contact lens reimbursement
1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
As part of the company’s unprecedented growth and expansion, Moderna is taking an important step in the evolution of the organization in building a world-class, international Global Business Services (GBS) center based in Warsaw, Poland. The Global Business Services center will house talent in Finance, Pharmacovigilance, HR, Digital, Compliance among many other functions as it builds a foundation for shared services, internationally.
Reporting to the Manager Accounts Payable, International, the Junior Accounts Payable Accountant, International is part of the International Finance organization. The Accounts Payable (AP) Junior Accountant will be primarily responsible for maintaining the accuracy and efficiency of the AP process and accounting for Moderna’s International operations, ensuring the correct processing of vendor invoices as well as their timely payment, communicating with vendors, perform and support various control and reporting activities, and playing a key role in the standardization of the AP process.
The successful candidate must be comfortable challenging the status quo, driving change, managing through uncertainty and supporting a high growth fast paced organization.
We work collaboratively as a team, we are relentless in the pursuit of excellence, we are curious and will boldly challenge the status quo if we can provide a better way, and we aim to strike a balance between process efficiency, effectiveness, and controls and compliance. We are committed to delivering accurate, timely and insightful financial information with a high level of customer service, while striving to continuously improve our processes to help scale our operations to support future growth.
Why we come to work every day?
Deliver on the promise of MRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
The brand new Moderna International Business Center is an exciting next step in our global expansion. Based in the heart of Warsaw, it provides our growing organization with innovative and strategic support to help scale our business for the benefit of people and patients around the world.
We offer an opportunities in Digital, Finance, Human Resources, Pharmacovigilance and Supply Chain.
Welcome to Moderna. We believe mRNA is the “software of life."
Every cell in the body uses mRNA to provide real-time instructions to make the proteins necessary to drive all aspects of biology, including in human health and disease.
Given its essential role, we believe mRNA could be used to create a new category of medicines with significant potential to improve the lives of patients.
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching and could meaningfully improve how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured.
Since our founding in 2010, we have worked to build the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and a world-class team. Our pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have numerous discovery programs advancing toward development.