Dover Fueling Solutions, a global leader in fuel dispensing, payment processing and point of sale technology, is seeking a Junior Engineer to work with our IoT, Cloud & Data Services Development Team. The Junior Cloud Engineer will develop data, interface and service architecture capabilities within the company’s cloud platforms for worldwide customers. In this capacity, you will learn the complexities associated with building large scale systems used by thousands of users every day. This job reports to the Manager of Digital Solutions.
Junior Cloud Engineer
The successful candidate will have/possess:
- Develop software components using company cloud platform.
- Work with team members and business stakeholders to refine business requirements.
- Analyze business requirements and technical designs to develop defined solutions.
- Present and communicate work products to both technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Debug and provide solutions for complicated issues.
- Participate in demos and code reviews.
- Follow and enforce software best practices, standards and processes.
- Proactively seek ways to incorporate new and creative ideas and methodologies into software development efforts by keeping abreast of current methodologies, technologies and tools.
- The ability to demonstrate and develop leadership and technical skills.
- The ability to develop knowledge of cloud and, in general, software-as-a-service offerings.
- Understanding of the software development cycle, software architecture and product development.
- Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of software development experience.
- At least 2 years of C# and .NET coding experience using Visual Studio IDE.
- Experience with software-as-a-service development.
- Object-oriented and multi-threading programming knowledge.
- Knowledge of standard design patterns.
- Experience with diagramming solutions (flow, block, logical).
- Understanding of Agile (Scrum) methodology.
- Team player and self-starter while working under supervision from technical leads and managers.
- Familiar with tools such as VSTS/TFS, MTM, TeamCity, Jira, Bamboo, BitBucket and others.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.