Junior Finance Analyst - Tax
Finance Analyst – Tax will be part of a team of Analysts working in the Controlling Team. The key objectives of the role are to ensure AstraZeneca complies with all Customs & VAT legislation and minimises where legally possible its duty and VAT payments. To provide support on VAT and/or Customs matters to all relevant areas of the Business. In relation to the above maintain appropriate controls and systems to satisfy legal and compliance requirements. To support other members of the team, where appropriate, to ensure that objectives of Group Taxation are achieved.
- To assist in the management of import clearances, including supporting the management of duty saving structures where applicable.
- To assist in the preparation, review and submission of AZUK’s EU, and domestic VAT returns.
- To have a good working knowledge of the Customs Tariff and classification procedures for imported and exported materials.
- To assist with providing Customs data for R&D shipments.
- To contribute to the continuous review of business activities and procedures to ensure that full Customs compliance is maintained and that Customs-related activities are carried out in an efficient and professional manner.
- To assist in the preparation, review and submission of the monthly Intrastat and monthly Sales Listing submission for AZUK; which provides statistical information on movements between the UK and other EC member states.
- To assist with the operation of Customs programmes to ensure AZ’s duty position is reported accurately.
- 1 year of professional experience of indirect tax
- People from the last year of studies are welcome
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and progress numerous actions in a coordinated and organised manner
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to use IT effectively
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management
- A passion for customers, self-motivation and a commitment to team work are key. Personal development will be a key part of the role and you will be supported to develop yourself and your skills whilst in the role.
- Experience of working in pharma industry
- Experience working with the international movement of goods and VAT would be an advantage.
- Experience of SAP would be an advantage
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.