- Ogłoszenie wygasło 8 dni temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds.
This is your chance to make history.
- To provide a 1st / 2nd line support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental KPIs and SLAs are met.
- Installation, maintenance and support of IT equipment including (but not restricted to) laptops, telecoms equipment, printers, scanners, thin clients and workstations. Some cabling work will also be required (after training)
- To ensure that work is carried out to a high standard and complies with all Amazon polices and guidelines, specifically IT and Health & Safety policies/guidelines.
- To maximize availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
- Asset and Inventory management including checks / audits in line with standards and processes including Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) processes with suppliers.
- Providing assistance to senior engineers as required (which does include out of hours work)
- Conduct shift / daily infrastructure audits and checks.
- Produce shift / daily reports.
- IT education or 2-3 years of experience on relevant position preferably in operational environment
- A good understanding of computer and networking concepts including data cabling. Cisco qualification desirable. Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS protocols
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Windows Server, Linux/Unix, Windows 7, Windows 8
- xcellent English communication skills (written & verbal). Able to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Strong sense of customer service
- Methodical problem solving and excellent analytical skills.
- Keeps others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company (Team player).
- Self-motivated and able to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to train and learn new skills.
- Demonstrates strong initiative (is proactive) and motivation with the ability to learn quickly.
- To have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
- Ability to effectively solve hardware and network issues in an operational environment
- Ability to work in height using scissor lifts/platforms (training will be provided if needed)
Applicants need to be flexible with regards to their working hours as this position involves supporting production hours as required, which includes overtime (sometimes at short notice). It is on a rotating shift based schedule which could be covering weekends and / or weekdays.
Please note: The position will involve some physical labour. IT Support Technicians execute physical work e.g. working in confined spaces (possibly under the 48 inch crawl space or inside air handlers); lifting up to 30 kg; site cleanliness and maintenance work; accessing elevated spaces (working at height).