Junior Payroll Analyst
Our multicultural payroll team is now looking for new team members who are ready to explore challenging environment and deliver the best service to our employees. If you are motivated to dive into the detail and take ownership, we have the career you’re looking for! As our Junior Payroll Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Payroll Processing:
- Understand and decode the payroll inputs to prepare them for processing into Oracle – Multiple EMEA countries.
- Work closely with outsourced payroll vendor for timeliness and accuracy of multiple EMEA payrolls.
- Payroll Data Analysis – For Multiple European countries.
- Timesheets processing – To support the global timesheet process to ensure that employees work time is recorded in accordance with the company/labor/client policies.
- Process Documentation/Training – Assist in review and improvement of payroll documentation.
- Customer Service – provide a consistently high-level of customer service and manage escalated employee cases and service requests within the SLA requirements. Partner with HRDP’s, Employee Connect, Accounting/Finance support, Benefits & Compensation, Tax Department and managers/supervisors to ensure a strong relationship is maintained.
- Teamwork – support other team members as a subject matter expert, mentor and coach. Participate in team and company initiatives to support the “we” mentality vs. “I”. Work collectively as a team to ensure that we meet our monthly metric goals of processing with minimal errors, worked performed with SLA timeframes and positive employee feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and accounting and must be good with numbers.
- Fluent English Language.
- Intermediate to Advanced software skill and experience with Microsoft Excel, including pivots, lookups, filtering and sorting.
- Basic proficiency and experience with Microsoft Word, Power Point and Visio.
- Any experience with Microsoft Access and VBA.
- Any experience utilizing a major ERP system, (i.e. Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft).
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize on demand.
- Self-paced, independent worker with a powerful sense of accountability.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to identify process gaps and assist with process improvement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent, service oriented customer service skills.
- Able to work in a high-pressure, team-work focused environment.
- International working environment and unique company culture.
- Personal development opportunities.
- Friendly atmosphere in dynamic team.
- Fixed term contract with salary corresponding to qualification.
- Benefits package including medical care, insurance, sport activities and other.
- Independent role and flexible working hours.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com