Johnson Matthey Battery Systems is Europe’s leading independent designer and manufacturer of lithium-ion battery systems. We deliver individual battery solutions for electric and hybrid vehicles, as well as high volumes of batteries for e-bikes, power tools and mobile technologies. We also offer battery solutions for stationary energy storage applications.
Junior Project Manager
The role provides project management expertise to a group of customers, and the incumbent will work in close cooperation with the Commercial Team, the Johnson Matthey Battery Systems Core Engineering team, and the customers’ in-house staff to ensure that JMBS provides products closely matched to the customers’ aspirations, on time, and within budget.
Description of Main Duties:
- Responsibility for the scope, cost, timing & quality of the small and medium size project & product;
- Management of a project specific Cross-Functional Team (CFT) which include members of all relevant departments within organization;
- Putting a product (or family, or related products) into production, on time, profitably, meeting company and the customer quality and performance specifications
- Management of the customer projects from concept to production, and beyond, ensuring the scope, price, timing and quality criteria are met from the Customer’s perspective, whilst ensuring the costs and investments made by JMBS are within budget.
- Liaising closely with the customers’ in house project teams, in order to understand and formally define their requirements.
- Ensuring that the product cost estimates, including investments if any, are sufficiently accurate, and are amended and updated as necessary and promptly communicated to the company.
- Working in close cooperation with the Core team to ensure that they are fully informed of requirements, timing, cost and quality targets, and of any changes or developments within the scope of the project.
- Carrying out project calculations as necessary
- Providing Customer and Supplier support activities and provide timely support and detailed communication to Manufacturing and Operations within JMBS
Essential Skill Sets, Education, Experience:
- Experience of at least 2 years in a customer-facing New Product Development or New Product Introduction
- Appropriate command of English & local language
- Project Management skills & experience
- Customer liaison, presentation skills, commercial
- Technical degree
Desirable Skill Sets, Education, Experience:
- Degree-level qualification in Electronic & Electrical Engineering or Mechanical
- Familiar with stage-gate project management model
- Prince2 or PMP certification
- Familiar with Design for Manufacture, Design for Assembly
- Experienced with FMEA & DVP
- Understanding of H&S, environmental requirements