Infor is a $3B enterprise software provider and strategic technology partner for more than 90,000 organizations worldwide. Infor is owned by Golden Gate Capital and Koch Equity Development. Our software is purpose-built for specific industries, providing complete suites designed for progress – for individuals, businesses, and across networks. We believe in the beauty of work, the importance of relationships, and the collective power of ideas to drive significant positive change.
Designed for Progress incorporates two powerful concepts:
- Design, which represents Infor’s commitment to designing with purpose and intent so our work reflects the changing behaviors and expectations of our users and how they view the world. Our goal is to empower both individual employees and organizations by putting users first, building beauty into everything we do, and redefining expectations for the way software looks, feels, and functions.
- Progress, which Infor defines as partnering with customers to drive significant positive change. We are proud of the role we play in helping organizations move forward with their own visions of progress, whether that means small steps that make every day a little easier or giant leaps that impact mankind.
From our deep investments in the future to our commitment to making customers successful every day, everything about Infor is designed for progress. Our Values Set Us Apart
Junior Service Desk Engineer
Works with a team of Help Desk Analysts to provide level-1 technical support to all 15000+ Infor Global Solutions professionals located in 200+ offices around the globe. Support to be provided on the technical support requests received via telephone calls, email, IT Service Management system and direct interaction with end users. Support includes remote assessment and resolution of problems, professional communication within multicultural environment, proper routing and escalation of problems within the IT organization and in general a contribution to the successful use of Information Technology at the company. Works with engineering and development teams for second level support resolution.
- Analyze the incoming service requests and assign them to the appropriate solution provider within the IT department
- Resolve all tier 1/2/3 technical issues per the established documentation
- Responsible for New User Setups in AD/E-Mail/VPN for all the new hires across the company
- Responsible for identifying and following up on the Critical Issues till their resolution, per the established process
- Perform follow-up with the relevant IT staff and escalation to the appropriate management levels to ensure the customer’s problem is resolved in an effective and timely manner
- Be able to write system documentation when needed including knowledge base articles
- Work in a team environment with co-workers to research customer problems and find solutions
- Work with supervisors and manager to clarify priorities, escalation processes, and assignments
- Required to record and complete all troubleshooting steps including documentation
- Handle special projects with no degradation of ongoing assignments and responsibilities
- Manage workload effectively and provides accurate accounting of work and time allocation
- Excellent Customer Service Skills & Professional manner
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
- Previous work experience in a customer service role or a helpdesk is desirable
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent Typing Skills
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure is essential
- Must possess good judgment, initiative, strong work ethic and dependability
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be able to interact effectively with personnel in various business roles
- Requires understanding of desktop operating systems
- Requires technical knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Fluent in English both (writing and speaking)
- Knowledge of additional European language is an advantage
Infor employees have:
- A sense of urgency - Conduct your work with intensity and speed. Huddle fast. Make fact-based decisions. Use good judgment. Keeping the initiatives moving. Repeat.
- A passion for customer success – Be responsive. Follow through on promises. Reject mediocrity. Be obsessive about doing better. Be accessible and communicate proactively. Be selfless. Work as One Infor.
- A thirst for innovation – Be curious. Be a change agent. Some ideas will prove out, and other will not. Fail fast. Iterate. Stay ahead of technology.
- A focus on results - Never ignore results and facts. Learn and adjust. Focus on quality in all that you do. Do more of what works; less of what is not working. Invest your time in value creation. Act like an owner with an adaptive, entrepreneurial spirit.
- A sense of community - Show compassion and caring for others. Be socially responsible. Be inclusive.
The information above is not complete and may change once joining Infor in future but this is a guide of the overall role. Please find further information here: http://www.infor.com/