Lawyer - Fossil Fuel Infrastructure
Fundacja ClientEarth Prawnicy dla Ziemi O firmie
- Mokotowska 33/35Warszawa, mazowieckie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło dzień temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
ClientEarth is a charity that uses the power of the law to protect the planet and the people who live on it. We are lawyers and environmental experts who are fighting against climate change and to protect nature and the environment.
It's time to leave fossil fuels behind. To protect people and nature, we need to cut our use of fossil fuels. At ClientEarth, we’re using the law to build a clean energy future. Join our Fossil Fuel Infrastructure team as a Lawyer and help us to hold governments and businesses to account over their fossil fuel use.
Our Fossil Fuel Infrastructure (FFI) Poland team aims at accelerating the zero-emission energy transformation in Poland. Our work includes strategic litigations against new fossil fuel installations and against the biggest emitters, as well as think-tank and advocacy activities on the fields of energy and climate. In this role, you will be engaging in policy discussions and bringing innovative legal interventions designed to ensure that Poland’s power sector functions in an clean, efficient, flexible, and competitive manner.
Meet your Manager
In this role, you will be managed by our Energy Poland Lead, Ilona Jędrasik. Ilona joined ClientEarth in 2014 and is based in Warsaw. She focuses on energy and climate policy in Poland and manages the daily work of our Poland Energy team, who act against the biggest CO2 polluters, fossil fuels installations, and supporting a just energy transition for Poland. Prior to her current role Ilona held the role of communications and policy manager. Before joining ClientEarth she worked for the Polish Climate Coalition and other Polish and Georgian non-governmental organisations.
- Preparing high quality written work as part of legal interventions and policy advocacy
- Leading research and evaluation of the potential for using legal and regulatory interventions to support our aims
- Monitoring changes in Polish energy policy and regulations
- Identifying and contributing to our submissions for consultations
- Representing us in external meetings and undertaking advocacy at national and European level
- Contributing to the development of funding applications and reports
- Law degree
- Extensive knowledge and significant experience of relevant legal or expert practice in Poland or at EU level
- Knowledge of Polish energy law and policy, the functioning of energy markets, and recent policy and legal developments
- Knowledge of Polish electricity markets
- Demonstrated record of relevant expert opinions or scientific publications
- Fluency (at least CEFR level C1 ) in English
- employment contract
- flexible working time
- private healthcare
Have a question about this job? Please visit our Careers site for advice on applying, FAQs, and more.
ClientEarth values diversity and inclusion and the benefits this brings. We aim to appoint the most suitable candidate at all times and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Please note that ClientEarth is only able to employ those who have the pre-existing legal right to work in Poland.
ClientEarth is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or legal services to third parties.