LCA Technology - Compliance Engineering - SDC Technology - Sr. Developer
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
COMPLIANCE TECHNOLOGY provides technology solutions to help Compliance manage the firm’s regulatory and reputational risks, and enables them to advise and assist the firm’s businesses.
As an Associate in Compliance Data Platform & Securities Division Compliance Tech, you will be responsible to analyze, design and develop solutions that serve as controls on the firm’s Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities and FX trading activities involved with millions of RFQ, orders, executions and market data. The solutions will leverage distributed programming using Java, Python, Scala and Big Data technologies including Spark, Hadoop, Data Lake & Firm’s in-house technologies.
An impactful candidate is expected to work closely with technical managers, project leads, technical architects and global peer application developers contributing to the overall design, development and testing of global data platform, advanced data analytics, workflow and MIS applications/ tools.
The candidate would have direct exposure and a working relationship with his/ her users across multiple levels in the hierarchy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Develop securities surveillance program including low latency & algorithmic surveillance
- Perform trading flow and data analysis, develop data model and pipeline processing across orders executions, RFQ/quotes, allocated trades, positions, and reference data
- Ability to build end-to-end high-performing and high-resilient solutions by analyzing multitude of requirements, and leveraging cutting edge technologies
- Work with internal customers at all levels of the business to answer questions, diagnose and resolve operational issues, and resolve technical and business problems
- The candidate would also need to participate in rotational duty to address level 2 and level 3 user and technical issues.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5 to 7 years of software development experience
- Demonstrated history of successful technical project lifecycle management, including testing and deployment.
- Strong level knowledge of Java.
- Strong level of knowledge of Python, Perl or equivalent scripting languages
- Possess Intellectual curiosity and motivation to improve his/ her technology skill set.
- Highly motivated, committed and capable of working to timelines. Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Exposure to statistical models and BigData - eg R or Python - is a plus.
- Candidate must have strong written and very strong verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must have strong analytical skills and must be able to lead requirements gathering conversations with senior end users.
- Candidate must have be an intellectual curiosity and motivation to improve his/ her technology skill set.