ABOUT OUR GLOBAL COMPANY
We are the world’s leading provider of market data, news and industry information for professionals within four industries: Financial & Risk, Tax & Accounting, Legal and News & Media.
| || || |
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
Lead Financial Modelling and Conversions Specialist
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
Financial Modelling & Conversion Team provides support on a wide range of Thomson Reuters Excel Add-in products. This involves building/converting financial models for our investment banking, sell side research, asset management, government and corporate clients and handling bespoke requirements of these global clients. Lead Specialists will play a key role in managing large migration and displacement projects and will undertake the execution and delivery of complex financial models by working with a wide number of teams involved. Lead Specialists will also ensure that clients obtain maximum value from the Thomson Reuters Excel based products by deploying and implementing these tools to develop custom business solutions.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Reporting to FMC Manager, the Lead Specialist will be responsible for leading and managing high-end financial modelling and conversion projects across FMC. They will also act as a key contact for all information requested by clients, project managers, product management, content, client/sales specialists and other stakeholders.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall ownership, accountability and management of medium to large global upgrade and displacement projects.
- Ensuring the team follow standard support procedures and strive to deliver excellent customer service.
- Holding the first level of responsibility in assisting Associates/Specialists with FMC skill development.
- Responsible to groom the team to improve the product knowledge continuously.
- Monitor assigned work-streams in teams.
- Support team to meet TAT, Quality & Performance Metrics.
- Responsible for effective project planning and ensure equal allocation of work and responsibilities with in the team.
- Identify, initiate and execute process improvements that result in internal efficiencies and improved customer satisfaction.
- Monitor client satisfaction statistics and report any concerns to Managers and/or other relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
Specific Individual responsibilities include:
- Work with Sales Specialists and Project Managers to ensure that all Thomson Reuters Excel based projects contribute to new business as well as growth at existing accounts.
- Work with Sales Specialists and Project Managers to ensure that all Thomson Reuters Excel based projects contribute to new business generation as well as growth at existing accounts.
- Connect and discuss with Account Managers/Project Managers on a regular basis to review all account information and update them about the progress on high profile projects.
- Communicate regularly with Product Managers regarding Client and Specialists feedback.
- Provide Thomson Reuters Excel Add-in training to clients via Webex/online tools. Conduct on-site training/demo as appropriate.
- Regularly communicate the project status to the FMC Managers.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- MBA with concentration preferably in finance or finance-related major.
- Candidates pursuing any level of their CFA (AIMR) would be highly desirable.
- Engineering graduates with MBA (Finance) or CFA would be preferred.
- 5 to 7 years financial services industry experience. Experience in portfolio management, equity research or investment banking/related functions is desirable.
- Demonstrated high level of successful involvement in high-profile client migration and competitor displacement activities.
- Experience in building detailed comps model such as DCF, LBO, Precedent transaction models, Peer group comps models, Merger arbitrage models and other valuation models will be highly desirable.
- Excellent Computer skills - especially Microsoft Excel and VBA(not mandatory).
- Candidates must be detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills. Should be sound on financial concepts and should have solid customer service exposure.
- Highly self-motivated individual, with a positive & pro-active attitude to work, willingness to make changes to improve operational efficiency through innovation, process and procedures, and adopting and adapting to ideas and practices from elsewhere.
- High level of engagement with internal groups-GTM & Proposition-to deliver highly customized solutions to end-users.
- Curios and ambitious to learn and master customer workflows and then visualize, design and execute bespoke solutions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and expected levels of service quality.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and delivering all of them on time by meeting desired service expectations.
- Strong personality, ability to stand up to senior management and project managers if required to pursue rigorous operational and service standards.
- Should have a track record of commitment in delivering excellent customer service.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
- 10 minute walk to the seaside
- colleagues from over 40 countries
- access to real-time economic and stock data
- training and certification opportunities
- extra 5% of salary in retirement plan
- 100% paid sick leave
- private healthcare and wellbeing scheme
- referral bonus
| || || |
10 minute walk to
over 40 countries
access to real-time
| || || || || || || |
extra 5% of salary
in retirement plan
100% paid sick leave