Lead Database Administrator
Sportradar Polska Sp. z o.o.
- ogłoszenie wygasło rok temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Kierownik / Koordynator
- praca zdalna
Sportradar is a global leader in understanding and leveraging the power of sports data and digital content for its clients around the world. We provide cutting-edge solutions and services to media companies, bookmakers, sports federations and state authorities.
We are a truly international business employing over 2,000 people in more than 30 locations around the world. Our rapid growth has been driven by technological innovation alongside an understanding of our clients' business needs. It is our commitment to excellent service, quality and reliability that makes us the trusted partner of more than 1,000 companies in over 100 countries.
We occupy a unique position at the intersection of the sports, media and betting industries. This creates an exciting and fast-moving working environment that rewards creative thinking and hard work. We are passionate about what we do, and we care passionately about our people.
If you think you're up to the challenge, come and help us to grow, innovate and develop!
Sportradar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to encourage diversity within our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to among other things, your background, status or personal preferences.
Your differences help shape our future
Join our team and become a part of the global fast-growing success of Sportradar.
A technology first software development company with high emphasis on building high performing services on best practice principles.
Sportradar has a number of MySQL Databases that are critical to day-to-day business operations and used by multiple products and squads across the company. We're setting up a new Centre of Excellence squad within Core Engineering to focus on the central databases and promote best practices across the organisation.
Reporting into the Director Of Engineering (Backbone Services), you will be responsible for the new CoE Squad and;
- Manage and mentor a small team consisting of DBAs, System Administrators and Engineers with a focus on ensuring operational excellence for the core databases
- Work with Engineers and Architects to evolve the strategic direction for the core database platform, including cloud migration and data componentization
- Be responsible for capacity planning, patching and general health of the core databases
- Define and implement best practices with regards backup, recovery and disaster recovery
- Engage with both other DBAs and Engineers within other business units to promote best practices and ensure that our applications are built according to sound data principles
You will be able to demonstrate many of the following skills, with both an aptitude and willingness to develop along any you may not have today.
- You will have demonstrable experience in administering large scale, highly available MySQL Databases, both self-hosted and in the cloud (AWS preferable); including capacity planning, infrastructure as code and performance tunning
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams, with a desire to motivate, mentor and grow your reports
- Strong communication and collaboration skills including an ability to present to board level
- Pragmatic practitioner, able to balance technology purity within delivery constraints
- Strategic thinker, able to keep the long-term goal insight whilst delivering todays needs
- Experience using Change Data Capture replication (such as Debezium)
- Familiarity with other database technologies, including NoSQL.
- The opportunity to work and develop within an inspiring and fast-growing company
- The possibility to help shaping the future of Sportradar. All employees are directly contributing to products used by our clients in the global sports business.
- Involvement in shaping your own workday and career through high degree of freedom to choose technology and your personal development.
- A collaborative environment with colleagues from all over the world (Engineering offices in Europe, Asia and US).
- A company culture that promotes social aspects, sports, physical exercise and fun.
- Innovative and cross-team challenges like ShipIt, office sports tournaments in Darts and Table Tennis and unique beer brewing competitions.
- Competitive salary and benefits (e.g. retirement pension and insurance plan)
- Possibility to work from home office when needed.