We firmly believe that every day is still day one. Given our commitment to Human Resources excellence, we’re confident that every one of our team members also believes this.
With each successive quarter, as we continue to grow, we need to keep working as smart as we can. That’s why the Amazon Learning and Development team is there: to keep all our team members fulfilled, motivated and empowered in their work. We prioritize learning new things, training in new skills, and professional development for everyone.The team and the role:
The Amazon Learning and Development team is passionate about the training and professional development of Amazonians. As our newest human resources specialist, you will define the process training for all associates and team members on your site, making sure that everyone has the skills they need to perform their role safely.You’ll play a central role in:
- Implementing our Associate-centric leadership,
- Providing key support to management in facilitating change,
- Engaging associates with new processes and improvements,
- Communicating complex issues as simple learning solutions and opportunities, at all levels.
Primarily, ensuring that a positive learning experience is delivered on-site. The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing an EU Process training experience for salaried and hourly associates,
- Partner with Human Resources and health and safety, ensuring all mandatory training is delivered within the set timescales,
- Train ambassadors and buddies to support new team members as they tackle training, learn new processes, and gather feedback to improve performance,
- Provide a safe learning environment for associates to learn and experience process training,
- Suggest process improvements to management, with the view of improving EU Learning standards,
- Partner with subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure training aids reflect safe behaviours and current processes (Standard Operating Processes),
- Provide development tools for hourly associates to increase their learning, training and knowledge,
- Partner with operations and human resources to motivate high performing associates to progress in their professional development and careers,
- Support human resources to identify actions/behaviours which impact on safety, quality and productive performance,
- Support, design and evaluate training materials to improve learning experiences,
- Support the Operational Excellence Team in the implementation of change, based on Kaizen activities (i.e. process improvement).
- Develop personal development plans for team members,
- Track and analyse test results, audits and performance against metrics and KPIs,
- Provide training matrix for human resources, so they can track critical roles and identify possible risk.
- Bachelor's' degree,
- Learning and training management experience within a distribution, manufacturing, logistics, production or similar industry environment,
- Experience in carrying out all activities in the learning and training cycle, i.e. Design, Delivery, and Evaluation,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in your in native language and in English,
- For all learning and training: you can inspire understanding using visual aids, and you’re able to recognise when a group or individual is lost and needs more attention,
- Experience using computers to develop materials, presentations, as well as use of email and Internet in a workplace context,
- Results-oriented attitude and highly developed leadership ability,
- Experience of implementing a wide range of change management and process improvement activities, based on broader organisational goals.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent would be ideal,
- A background in adult training and learning, plus experience in theory and course facilitation would be beneficial,
- A strong understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel) and Human Resources information systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) would be advantageous.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.