Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Attractive salary package and yearly bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sport programmes and facilities e.g. Multisport Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Additional funds for trainings and certifications, sport sections and the EuroShell Card
- Bonus for referring your friend to work
Join Shell Business Operations and start something remarkable!
Legal Counsel Intellectual Property
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Purpose & Accountabilities:
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for IP agreements advice and support to various Shell businesses with a focus on technical non-disclosure agreements. Other matter includes:
- Advising, drafting and negotiating with internal and external parties globally IP-related agreements, predominantly technical non-disclosure agreements;
- Developing and maintaining a solid expertise of IP and other laws, regulations and legal processes worldwide;
- Following relevant technology developments, both originating within Shell and by third parties;
- Work with, develop and sustain relationships with legal, the business, and other stakeholders worldwide and at all levels.
- Contribute to continuous improvement projects and ways of working initiatives in Legal Services;
- Promote awareness, including on the principles of the IP Framework, for the business, legal and other functions.
- Support to Shell businesses for their non-disclosure agreement requests. This role will have an evolving scope and support for other (IP) agreements may mature over time.
- The role will be accountable to the Central Legal Services Manager, Legal Services Global Operations (LSGO).
- This position requires the Legal Counsel to collaborate and work closely with other colleagues across Legal Services, businesses and functions to deliver and improve legal support to the businesses.
We have 2 open vacancies with different seniority level.
Skills & Requirements:
- 4-8 or 10-14 years Post Qualification Experience
- Possess a degree in law.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the country where the offices are located on a full-time basis.
- Post-qualification experience in Intellectual Property law and agreements;
- Broad general grasp of legal issues under different legal systems (US, UK, NL), including civil and common law;
- Ability to discuss technical matters with relevant technical experts in sufficient detail to fully grasp relevant technical matters in IP-related agreements;
- Knowledge and experience to identify key legal risks.
- Experience working with businesses in the delivery of timely, cost-effective, commercially-focused legal services;
- Demonstrable track record as an individual contributor and team player;
- Influencing and negotiating skills;
- Ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
The candidate needs to be flexible as working hours can be outside normal working hours from time to time, due to the global team location. While the role has a clear focus on IP related support, LSGO works as a central team supporting global operations and all staff are expected to take on support for other departments from time to time. This broadening of scope is also encouraged from a personal development perspective.
The Legal Counsel IP will be required to deliver commercially focused solutions with both complex legal and technical elements.
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome