The Company: Cognex Corporation
Cognex is the global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision. With over $500 million of cash in the bank and no debt, we are a financially strong international company with a culture that maintains the fast paced, creative environment of a startup. Our employees, proudly called “Cognoids,” take their work seriously, but don't take themselves seriously. Our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes our employees for their innovation, perseverance and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
Delivering Cognex ID and Vision Automation Solutions into various retail, commercial and freight distribution centers, parcel & postal applications and the airport baggage handling industry is one of the fastest growing segments in Cognex, what we define as our Logistics business. The business is chartered to lead the engineering, delivery and acceptance of our ID and vision automation solutions to some of the largest global customers in these industries.
Logistics Field Service Engineer (m/f)
Miejsce pracy: Warszawa
Logistics Field Service Engineers (LFSE’s) are primarily responsible for the installation, commissioning, testing and handover of Cognex designed systems and solutions to system integrators or direct end user customers.
This is a customer facing role that is expected to provide a high level of customer service and satisfaction. Typical Industry applications include: parcel and pallet conveyors, sorters, interfacing with in-motion scales, dimensioners, label printer/applicators, scanners and sensors and PLC controls software.
Essential Role Functions
- Plan and execute on-site engineering assignments such as installation, commissioning & fault finding of Cognex image-based identification and inspection systems.
- Review and approve the operational quality of Cognex equipment and systems and instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the system which was installed.
- Interface with other roles to include keeping Sales and Service management informed of the project status, service issues, or potential new sales opportunities with the client.
- Develop as required, appropriate on-site modifications/optimizations to electrical and/or mechanical systems to deliver end solution performance, in keeping with the initially designed solution specifications and engineering drawings.
- Provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on service work performed and product performance.
- Keep current with product technology; attend appropriate training courses when necessary.
- Demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to independently complete technical analysis on complex systems and correctly determine the appropriate course of action.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings (Mechanical & Electrical).
- Knowledge of industrial controls, networking and communications protocols.
- Experience with installing and commissioning Electro-Mechanical systems and solutions.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Logical troubleshooting skills & sound judgement to determine appropriate course of action.
- Excellent time-management & pro-active communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure situations demonstrating a flexible work style.
- Independent self-starter and worker, as well as a conscientious team player.
- Dedicated, focused and with an eye for detail relating to Customer Satisfaction.
Additional desired skills:
- Knowledge & Experience of Machine Vision Systems or Bar Code Reading systems in industrial automation environments.
- Knowledge & Experience working in a Logistics environment.
- Knowledge and experience in basic Java scripting for data formatting and/or communications scripting and serial communications (ASCII).
Education, work experience, and other Job Requirements
- Professional Qualification in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution, with 2-3 years’ experience in Industrial / Manufacturing / Field Service environments (Ideally integrator, machine builder environments); or a combination of relevant technical education and 3+ years of relevant technical experience is required.
- Available to work some evening and weekend hours or varying work patterns depending on market needs. Ability to be on-call and respond to customer emergencies. Frequent overnights, 70-85% of the time are common depending on project schedules and location of the role.
- Occasional international travel is possible to support global customers.
- Ability to proactively and productively work remotely, as well as within a team environment.
- Must possess English language proficiency as a minimum for the role.
- Valid Driver's License without restriction.
- Qualified applicants must legally be authorized to work in the country the role is in.