sharing the costs of sports activities
Machine Learning Engineer (EU Candidates)
STX Next sp. z o.o.
- Jaśkowa Dolina 17a, GdańskGdańsk, Pomeranian
- offer expired 2 days ago
- B2B contract
- specialist (Mid / Regular), senior specialist (Senior)
- home office work, hybrid work
- Immediate employment
- remote recruitment
- запрошуємо працівників з України
Technologies we use
We believe that every problem has a solution, often hidden and not so obvious. Our job is to work out them and the best are born from imagination, cooperation and being craftsmanship.
How do we work?
We work with clients for their benefit and the benefit of their target users. We often act as consultants and architects, people who tear down the existing order, introducing changes and innovations. But just as often we act as craftsmen who must deliver software of the highest quality.
How the daily work will look like?
You will be assigned to a team working on a project for one of our foreign clients. Your responsibilities will include developing, inventing and implementing solutions to process large or distributed data.
What is expected of you?
The role of a Machine Learning Engineer has many variations, we are not looking for someone who is good at everything, but people with in-depth knowledge of a particular domain of NLP, Computer Vision or Recommender systems. What is important to us is the foundation and basic understanding of the problems and ideas behind ML.We use ML methods in practice so we also value the ability to implement models in the form of API or integration with the client's system.
We expect knowledge of:
• strong fundamentals of machine learning:
o types of ml problems: classification, regression, clustering, etc
o common evaluation measures: precision, recall, F1, IoU, ROUGE etc
o scikit-learn models (random forest, SVM, xgboost), ensemble models etc.
o understanding dimension reduction techniques (PCA, TSNE, Umap)
• data preparation and visualization libraries (pandas, matplotlib etc.)
• knowledge of current neural networks architectures (RNN, CNN, Transformers) and methods (transfer learning)
• documented experience with one of library: PyTorch or Tensorflow
• good knowledge of relational databases and experience with one of : PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle
For NLP engineer
• knowledge of modern word/sentence/document embedding methods (Word2Vec, BERT, Doc2Vec, Laser, etc.)
• knowledge of a classic bag of words approach (TF-IDF),
• experience with NLP libraries as: Hugging Face Transformers, Zalando Flair, NLTK,
• has documented experience with working with one of the problems: named-entity recognition, text summarization, topic modeling, tagging the parts of speech, text semantic similarity, neural search
Python and software development practices:
• experience in Python 3.x
o more advanced python constructs as: lambda functions, generators, list comprehension etc
o core principles of object-oriented programming
o understanding of the threading and multi-process computation in Pyhon
• experience in using code versioning tools, such as Git
• day-to-day work experience with Docker
• good communication skills in English (minimum B2)
• problem solving and analytical thinking
• be nice and friendly
Your experience rating will also be affected by your other skills such as:
• knowledge of at least one cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP) and its solutions related to data processing
• background in at least one NoSQL database like HBase, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra
• data scraping experience
• experience in search systems like Elasticsearch, Jina AI etc.
• experience in data engineering tools
• other development skills like REST API or frontend skills
What we offer
Conferences, books, online or offline courses
Monthly party budget
Reimbursed private medical care (Medicover) and Multisport
Bring your own device option
Internal referral program
private medical care
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
Let's get to know each other
Show us what you can do
Time for a decision
Regular+: up 20 160 zł + VAT
Senior: up to 28 560 zł + VAT
STX Next sp. z o.o.
We are the biggest European Python Powerhouse with over 16 years of experience, 6 offices in Poland and deep commitment to Agile principles. Join a group of 400+ professionals dedicated to helping customers build outstanding products.
Are you the NEXT one?