The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates.
In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PRESENTATION
Please send your CV and cover letter.
Manager Customs and Trade Poland
Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Group Trucks Operations. We are on more than 60 locations world-wide. Our job is to design, handle and optimize the supply chain for all Volvo Group brands and for selected customers within the automotive industry. The scope for Logistics Services includes making sure that material is transported to the production facilities, that packaging is available, that vehicles are distributed to the dealers, and that management of material, warehouses and distribution ensures the availability of parts everywhere in the world. We make sure all logistics services are delivered with world class operational excellence.
In this position you will be lead the Customs and Trade department in Poland consisting of both customs operations as well as compliance which is a part of EMEA Customs and Trade, you will report to the Head of EMEA Customs and Trade and be a part of the EMEA management team together with other country and functional managers.
We are looking for a Manager of Poland Customs to lead implementation of customs and trade compliance programs. In this role you'll be responsible to secure compliant operations in Poland and act as a subject matter expert for related countries where Volvo operates. You'll also be asked to guide direct reports, as well as indirect functional leads and managers in Volvo entities and operations. We are currently running different projects in order to improve the performance within this area, meaning that a major challenge will be change management. You will be responsible for resource planning, as well as safeguarding quality assured customs and trade handling. This position will challenge your ability to persuade individuals to take action and give priority to customs and trade compliance.
Here's what you can anticipate as the Manager of Poland Customs and Trade
- Provide leadership of Customs and trade compliance team, while supporting global business objectives and guide management in the application of government import/export regulations.
- Cooperate with various functional leaders as well as operational leaders to ensure understanding and application of import/export compliance as related to their work, and Volvo business as a whole.
- Ensure the adoption of new trade compliance practices and regulations.
- Secure necessary internal and external compliance controls.
- Support Volvo's growth in identifying current and potential risks in operations.
- Drive the development necessary to secure compliance and efficiency.
- Assure implementation of global processes, tools and best practices.
- Optimize the customs duty cost that is paid by the Volvo Group in the international movement of tangible goods across borders.
- Take an active part in the EMEA Customs & Trade management team in order to develop and drive the business and strategies forward.
- Lead and develop a team of 5 direct reports
Critical competencies for the position
- Preferably 5+ years of Customs Compliance experience
- Preferably experience of logistics management
- Able to balance risk and business results
- Strong result focus, able to prioritize.
- Able to create the structured framework and cooperation that gives stability and efficiency in the organization.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Polish and English
- Service Market Logistics leadership is strongly connected to the Volvo Group Leadership competencies. The Manager of this team works as an inspiring and inclusive leader as well as an active team worker. Demonstrates ability to set demanding targets and coaching individuals to deliver outside their comfort zones.
The position requires regular, but not extensive travelling.