The Global Account Finance Advisor is a finance professional with robust knowledge and experience that is dedicated to one or more of the most complex global accounts serviced by EY. The Global Account Finance Advisor will provide insight into the account’s global financial performance as well as forward thinking modeling and advice to support financial decisions. Additionally, the Global Account Finance Advisor will introduce implementation frameworks for key financial processes in order to optimize global performance while providing a clear view of the account performance to account, regional and finance management teams.
Essential functions of the job:
Financial planning and performance:
- Deliver margin modeling and advice to support account strategy plans. Continually measure success.
- Advise on, model and ensure stretching and achievable targets in the annual revenue plan, ensure effective ownership across leadership.
- Advise on performance and forecast expectations against plan throughout the year, deliver insights and recommendations to achieve optimal financial performance.
- Validate quality of financial data.
- Model and advise on where to improve margin, agree on targets for improvement, continually measure success.
- Set, socialize and promote adherence to framework to manage and maximize margin across all engagements.
- Analyze margin performance throughout the year, make recommendations for optimization.
- Provide robust margin modeling in support of largest and most complex pursuits.
- Analyze engagement margin drivers and collaborate to course correct or maximize results.
- Set and socialize framework to apply MSA/rate cards and other client procurement requirements for the best margin outcome across all engagements.
- Support largest and most complex pursuits and engagements to apply MSA/rate card and other client procurement requirements for the best margin outcome.
MSA/Rate Card Development:
- Advise on and deliver margin modeling to support negotiation and decision making.
Account revenue planning:
- Facilitate and develop plan and secure ownership with key stakeholders.
Account client and engagement set up:
- Set, socialize and advise on framework to be applied across all engagements.
Working Capital Management:
- Constantly analyze and advise on potential inventory exposure and risk which might impact margin.
Knowledge Share and Development:
- Work with G360 finance community, share policies, expertise, ideas and successes. Bring leading practices to own accounts.
Client centric business focused reporting:
- Leverage global leading practice and support on reporting, and on all other account and engagement processes for the benefit of own accounts.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
Strong analytical skills are essential for the Global Account Finance Advisor role. Common areas where the Global Account Finance Advisor would apply these skills are:
- Analysing large quantities of data in order to form and communicate a crisp view of the global account performance landscape.
- Continuously advising the account leadership team on expected financial performance vs. plan based upon analytics such as trend analysis and modelling of forward looking scenarios.
- Providing financial modelling and advice to support pricing decisions.
- Analysis of cause and effect correlations.
- Developing financial forecast scenarios for account performance based on information such as sales pipeline, resourcing, etc.
- Assessing the drivers of financial results with constant focus on improvement and rapid course correction where necessary.