Manager - Service Line Finance Relationship Owner
Ref no: WRO001N1
The Service Line Finance Relationship Owner (SL FRO) serves as a key member of the Global Controlling Decision Support Finance team supporting the Global Service Lines in managing the Executive Layer financials end to end and achieving their financial objectives. Serving as a key member of the Global Controlling team the SL FRO teams with various Finance support structures to provide analytical support, functional expertise, reporting solutions, transaction processing and sharing of best practices.
This role acts as a single point of contact providing financial information and analysis to Service Line leadership on Executive Layer matters impacting the Service Line. The SL FRO communicates with executive level business leaders and is expected to demonstrate an implicit understanding of their clients’ needs. In addition to Service Line Executives, key customers are the Service Line CFOs, their Deputies and teams who are responsible for providing Service Line leadership with financial support on market and service offering matters. SL FROs interface and manage the relations between the Service Line Finance Teams and the Executive Layer Finance Team.
Serving as a key member of the Global Controlling team the SL FRO teams with various Finance support structures to provide analytical support, functional expertise, reporting solutions, transaction processing and sharing of best practices.
Your key responsibilities
- Communicates regularly with the Service Line Finance Teams, on monthly performance, and is responsible for identifying, communicating and supporting resolution of issues identified
- Monitors and tracks financial results against goals and historical performance leveraging reports from the Reporting Center of Excellence (COE)
- Explains the critical upcoming Finance activities (Forecast, MLO, and Financial Plan)
- Works with Service Lines to develop budgets, taking overall ownership of this budget process. Liaises with Sub Service Line Leaders to define targets for Sub-Service Lines Challenges, reviews and consolidates annual budgets and forecasts/projections for Service Lines
- With the support of their GDS Analyst team, manages all aspects of Executive Layer engagement codes. This includes engagement code set up and maintenance, issue and handle invoices, manage accruals, identify time booked by people that are not in the budget, challenging and proposing a course of action to leadership
- Provides technical financial advice, knowledge and counsel to Service Line customers
- Manages the relationship with the Service Line CFOs and their deputies on behalf of the Controlling function
- Drives key methods and processes at the direction of Executive Finance (e.g. financial planning)
- Synthesizes, provides insight and communicates a clear and concise view of Executive Layer financial performance to Service Line Leadership and the Service Line Finance team
- Advises on expected financial performance vs. plan/forecast based upon analytics such as trend analysis and modelling of forward looking scenarios
- Assesses the drivers of financial results with a constant focus on improvement and rapid course correction where necessary
Skills and attributes for success
What we look for
- Preferred candidates will have a master degree in finance, economics, business administration or similar combined with minimum of 7+ years of relevant financial planning & analysis experience is required to perform this position.
- Be able to work in a virtual global organization respecting international cultures and speaking/writing English fluently
- Focused on analysis, advice and solutions that drive the continuous improvement of financial performance.
- Have a deep understanding of the external services offered by the firm and the overall area/regional markets landscape would be beneficial.
- Forms and communicates a clear and concise view of financial performance. Has a deep understanding of the drivers of financial performance and applies constantly to analyze and advise on progress against targets.
- Synthesizes and communicates detailed financial information in support of effective decision making.
- Able to analyze large volumes of data and spot where there is greatest financial opportunity and risk.
- Utilizes sound financial practices and seeks leading practices to support operational excellence.
- Demonstrates exceptional commercial awareness with respect to EY's position and ambitions in the marketplace will make a valued leader
We’re interested in hiring a professional with excellent finance knowledge. An ideal candidate must be an analytical thinker, comfortable taking initiative in situations where thought leadership is either absent or unclear.The success of this role also depends on the Service Line FRO successfully teaming with and leveraging other members of the Service Line Finance team, other Service Line FROs and the Global Controlling