Staples is the world's largest office products company and a trusted source for office solutions. Founded in 1986, Staples today has an annual turnover of $24 billion and ranking third in the world of eCommerce sales. With 85,000 associates worldwide, Staples has a presence in more than 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Bringing easy to offices and consumers everywhere!
In January 2015 we opened Global Competence Center in Gdansk. The Center consists of teams responsible for driving major IT and User Experience enhancements for whole European organization, with other teams like Supply Chain, Financial Analysis & Master Data Management also establishing their operations in Gdansk.
Margin Analyst with French
Miejsce pracy: Gdańsk
As a Margin Analyst you will be part of the EU/BU Commercial Team reporting to the Margin Manager/Commercial Manager and responsible for proactively driving the overall margin potential of existing customers in line with EU Common Operating Model ensure the delivery of:
- Intelligent pricing including product switches with margins that support the retention of profitable existing business through the QBR process and retenders in line with targets.
- Drive the overall margin agenda for the existing EU/BU customer account base
- Analyse accounts with high margin potential as identified by the Margin Manager in order to provide the Sales Teams with priority opportunity data
- Timely QBR account review inputs, including price increases (local and central) , and controls that improve Company margin
- Providing support and inputs for QBR account reviews when required and updating on SFDC
- Support annual budget process regarding margin management strategy
- Ensure compliance with all EU Common Operating Model processes
- Adherence to all key milestones as dictated by the SFDC operating model
- Delivering ad hoc analysis / pricing as needed
- Ensure margin targets are met on all existing customers
- Ensure all sales and margin data in customer P&L for existing customers is accurate and within set targets
- Ensure maintenance of price lists, discount structures and price increases
- Ensure a competitive price strategy by segment and customer type
- Ensure pricing related-related ad hoc activities (pricing, rebates, etc.)
- Ensure high quality input for the QBR in due time
- Provide cyclical and ad hoc margin data reporting to the BU and Central functions as detailed by management
Knowledge, skills & experience
Education and Experience:
- Educated to higher level or equivalent'
- Able to speak French and English
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Advanced Excel / Access knowledge desirable
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to interact with all levels of Management and other Company Departments
- Margin / pricing experience
- Experience within industry / product knowledge desirable
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly motivated, natural achiever with excellent time-management skills