Market Development Manager
Newell Poland Services Sp. z o.o.
- Poznań, Greater Poland
- offer expired 2 months ago
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
- hybrid work
Reporting to the Director, EMEA Home Distributors, this role is to assume responsibility for all aspects of commercial and market development across assigned markets, categories, and channels (within EMEA Region). This will include full P&L, revenue, channel, and account development accountability for assigned Home portfolio of brands within the market - iconic brands as Yankee Candle, WoodWick, FoodSaver, Sistema
The Market Development Manager (MDM) is the local representative and “ambassador” for the Newell Home Segment across assigned categories and geographies.
This role works from a home-based office environment. A solid understanding of assigned retail environments is essential. He/ she contributes actively to optimize internal resources and processes, in order to. have the greatest impact on the business results and future growth.
• Closely work with the Director, EMEA Home Distributors to scope future core and innovative growth opportunities, including how to best optimise assigned markets, brand and channel positions, and to drive Newell Brands Home Segment growth within them.
• Work with internal and distributor partners, defining clear trade channel strategies and below-the-line plans, that, while taking-into-account, all challenges, and opportunities, maximising the potential present in both developed and developing trade environments.
• Explore possibility for entries into channels in which NB Home Segment does not currently have a foothold and, subsequently, managing the establishment of an appropriate form of presence that drives profitable growth within global division category strategy priorities.
• Work closely with assigned market partners (especially eCommerce), providing support, ideas, exploration, and investment guidance required to enable them to succeed and make decisions relevant to their market. Co-ordinate the transfer of ideas and best practice, being an advocate for assigned market partners internally within NB Home Segment Region and Global teams.
• Act as the central point of reference regarding assigned markets, ensuring that the plans and needs of this market are known and integrated across the Home Segment business unit, and that key stakeholders are engaged at an early stage in regard to matters which may affect them or about which they will need to make investment decisions.
Business Administration degree (international development an asset), MBA preferred.
5+ years of Pan-EMEA sales & market development experience - preferably within related industry, and a diverse level of channel experience.
Strong commercial track record (revenue, market development, category management)
Additional assets would include – market insight analysis, and market contract negotiation.
Strong results orientation – proactive – willing to take initiative and lead projects.
High relational skills and people management experience in a multinational context
Advanced financial understanding, and capable to prioritize workload.
Proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Proficient in English, additional languages a definite asset
Willingness to travel, as position requires frequent travel within EMEA.
What we offer
Newell Poland Services Sp. z o.o.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, Sharpie, Graco, Coleman, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Yankee Candle, Paper Mate, FoodSaver, Dymo, EXPO, Elmer’s, Oster, NUK, Spontex and Campingaz. We are focused on delighting consumers by lighting up everyday moments.