As a Mars Engineering Leadership Experience trainee, in one of the world’s largest food companies, you’ll be keeping our success story moving forward. Finding new ways for engineering, pushing forward innovative ideas and leading technically – complex projects across Europe. You’ll be making a big impact.
MARS ENGINEERING LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
(MARS ENGINEERING LEADERSHIP PROGRAM)
What will you be doing?
- We like to empower our people. So from the moment you join Mars, you’ll be responsible for your own project. You could find yourself working with Production and R&D to design a new production line for Pedigree or install a new robotic wrapping machine to wrap more than 800 Mars bars a minute. Every project will be technically challenging, designed to increase your knowledge of and expertise in areas such as robotics, advanced production technology and high speed machinery.
- We think it is important that you can enjoy as many varied experiences as possible. We’ll give you three one year assignments, in two countries, tailored to your personal development that will provide you with an impressive level of experience to fast track your engineering leadership career.
- Year one - you’ll gain experience in project management and get to know engineering at Mars
- Year two - you’ll live and work abroad, expanding your cultural awareness and deepening your engineering skills through a more challenging project
- Year three - you’ll gain your first line management experience, with your own team
- You’ll also be expected to grab every opportunity that comes your way and demonstrate the drive to become one of our future leaders.
What will you get?
- We have an ongoing commitment to your growth and development and will provide you with a great line manager, a mentor, a coach and a MELE buddy, as well as opportunities to meet some of the best and brightest people in the business.
- Whilst most of your learning will come through on the job experience, you’ll attend workshops to help you to develop all the skills you’ll need to become one of our future leaders and build a rewarding career that brings you pride.
- As an associate at Mars you can enjoy all kinds of great perks including a highly competitive benefits packages, open offices and fun freebies. Some of our locations even let you bring your pets to work!
Where will I be working?
Your home site could be based in Poland, France, The Netherlands, UK, Lithuania, or Spain. The program is designed so that you get the opportunity to gain international experience. So we expect you to be mobile across Europe and be flexible about location in order to get the most out of the program.
How to apply?
If this sounds like the place for you, we’d love to hear from you. Apply here.
Do not delay your application process and be selected as first candidate.
The plan for this selection process is:
- Selecting profiles is on-going until end of May
- April/May 2019: Assessment Center
- Start on September 2019 with your peers