- Domaniewska 48, 02-676 Warszawa, PolskaWarszawa, mazowieckie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło miesiąc temu
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
IQVIA is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Joining IQVIA, the world’s leading comprehensive Human Data Sciences organization and working in partnership with a major Pharma company, this position will put you at the forefront of Patient Safety. With daily direct contact with Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and patients, the very people we are working to help, this is a highly visible and important role within IQVIA, essential to our core goal of patient safety. You will work within a motivated, global well-trained Lifecycle Safety team. Depending on your level of experience, the roles will vary and may include leadership responsibilities and Subject Matter Expert (SME) trainer responsibilities in the following therapeutic areas: Respiratory; Infectious diseases, Immunology and Inflammation; HIV & Oncology.
You will benefit from joining the largest safety department in the world and working within an industry-leading, best-practice environment. To ensure you contribute to the business and grow your career, you will also benefit from ongoing training and development from our in-house safety experts to plan and progress your MI/PV career.
Use your scientific and foreign language expertise to join the world’s leading comprehensive pharmaceutical safety services organization at on a fast growing team performing medical information call center services. Apply your knowledge and expertise, including complex decision making, to review, assess and process safety and product quality information. Be a part of a global team to help ensure the safety profiles of products marketed around the world with development opportunities to ultimately provide oversight on projects and teams.
- Provide phone support to health care professionals and consumers regarding adverse events, product quality complaints, medical inquiries, product support, and other needs as required. This does NOT include commercial sales support
- Receive, triage, review and process Lifecycle safety operational data. Perform data entry for tracking and Lifecycle safety databases, coding relevant medical terminology, writing descriptive narratives, generating queries pertinent to the case, performing quality control, assisting with reconciliation, driving case closure, coordinating translations.
- Receive and document incoming telephone calls, faxes or emails from investigative sites or other sources reporting safety data.
- Build a positive, collaborative team environment with Lifecycle safety team members, lead by example, provide training and mentoring for less experienced team members and operations staff, assist Operations with appropriate allocation of resource.
- Establish and maintain effective team project service operations communications i.e. provide regular feedback to operations team manager and Customer Delivery manager (CDM) on project metrics, out of scope work challenges/issues and successes.
- Liaise with Project Manager by proactively identifying issues and proposing solutions, providing them with technical support, reports, metrics, identifying SOW changes and potential change orders, delegating client requests.
- Participate in training across Lifecycle safety process service offerings, participate in working groups as applicable in implementation of new initiatives, identification and implementation of process efficiencies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Science is required
- Experience in Lifecycle safety (Pharmacovigilance, CEVA, Medical Information, Safety Publishing, Risk Management etc) is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and German (C1/C2 in German is a must)
- Life sciences and/or health knowledge with analytical skills
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new skills across our Lifecycle Safety service lines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy maintaining consistently high quality standards.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously, organize own workload and effectively manage competing priorities.