sharing the costs of sports activities
HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o.About the company
- Kapelanka 42a, KrakówKraków, Lesser Poland
- Offer expired a month ago
- Remote recruitment
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular), senior specialist (Senior)
Technologies we use
About the project
You will be a part of team of approx. 7-8 developers responsible for range of applications supporting FX (Foreign Exchange) services for financial institution clients, this include:
• FX Prime Brokerage services to the alternative fund manager industry.
• FX Hedging services to Asset Managers.
• FX order management and execution to Custodians acting on behalf of their clients.
Our business is global and we have development teams in Europe (UK, Krakow), APAC (China, HK) and in North America (Toronto). The global team is currently approx. 40 people and for Europe our development team are in Krakow.
• Our systems are Java, deployed to Linux and with SQL RMDBS in some cases.
• All teams in MSS IT teams are moving their systems towards smaller micro services including ours – this allows “pods” of developers to work on their service, they can release small changes more frequently and more safely (this team release to production daily) and ultimately get working software in the hands of our users and clients as soon as possible. We also use agile development practices and tooling to develop our systems iteratively.
• These are high volume financial markets systems – which means that efficient performance, scalability and design are key aspects of your technology role.
You and your teammates are responsible for all aspects of delivering software to your users
Speaking to the product owner to understand new feature requirements
Development of new features
Automating regression testing of new software
Frequent deployment of multiple software packages to production
Production availability – we collectively build and own the service
You will be involved in on production support (via a rota) and be proactively engaged in improvements on automation and DevOps.
Peer review of colleague’s changes
Speak up and help shape how we do things better
Linux, SQL knowledge
Professional experience in database and communication systems in the IBM Mainframe environment (TSO ISPF/ JCL/DB2 /SQL/ TWS)
Change-. Demand-, Incident and Problem-Management
Experience with agile methodology
Strong communication skills (you will be collaborating with various stakeholders on daily basis)
English at least B2 (vast majority of your stakeholders and part of your team are non-Polish speakers)
What we offer
Interesting path of career in an international organization
Access to the external learning platforms: Coursera, Linkedin Learning, Degree, O'Reilly, FitForBanking
Training and conference budget
Possibility to move between projects
Private health care, and other employees’ benefits
Remote work possible after COVID-19 (up to individual discussion with manager
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
corporate sports team
doctor’s duty hours in the office
retirement pension plan
no dress code
video games at work
coffee / tea
parking space for employees
extra social benefits
employee referral program
opportunity to obtain permits and licenses
Welcome to HSBC!
HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o.
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Our global businesses serve more than 40 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 64 countries and territories.
HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o. is HSBC's global finance, operations, risk and technology centre. We use our unique expertise and capabilities to provide specialised services – our people range from technologists transforming the banking experience to operations professionals managing 1.7 trillion payments a year.
Our Purpose – Opening up a world of opportunity – explains why we exist. We are bringing together the people, ideas and capital that nurture progress and growth, helping to create a better world – for our customers, our people, our investors, our communities and the planet we all share.
Markets and Securities Services (MSS) is the “Investment Bank” for HSBC. The Global Equities business is a key component within HSBC’s Markets division.
Equities Technology solve some of the most interesting and complex challenges in the financial industry to help our global business and its customers succeed. Shipping code early and often using Agile and DevOps principles is critical for us to deliver business value, with continuous improvement and learning at the centre of everything we do.