Amazon’s Operations Technology Infrastructure IT team is looking for a highly motivated Network Delivery Manager to lead our EU team, specializing in wireless, cellular, voice and data circuit ordering, management, and delivery, to join our group of highly skilled managers. We are responsible for designing, building, and scaling Amazon’s order fulfillment infrastructure in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Network Delivery Manager
In this role you will:
- Head up a regional team that will be in charge of hundreds of telecom circuits that directly support the monthly shipment of millions of Amazon.com customer orders.
- Your regional team will be responsible for the entire life cycle of voice and data circuits, new and existing, needed for fulfillment operations.
- Your ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in disparate geographic locations, and drive circuit installation timelines will be critical to your success.
- Work closely with engineering and operations organizations to ensure circuits are correctly provisioned and maintained.
- Lead a regional team that acts as single point of contact for various aspects of the telecom circuit ordering and tracking process, you will resolve problems and develop relationships at all levels of the organization, including outside vendors, real estate partners and program managers within Amazon.
- Serves as manager of a regional team that is the primary interface for data and voice circuit ordering and tracking
- Ensures circuit sizing, installation, and augmentation processes meet and comply with all Amazon polices and guidelines, specifically IT and internal Engineering
- Serves as second level escalation for Network Delivery team members, internal customers, and vendors
- Develops and continuously reviews policy and procedural documents
- Validates and approves spending transaction approvals
- Develops opportunities and initiates projects to, reduce cost
- Streamlines process and improves work performance for regional Network Delivery teams
- Validates, captures and reports on all cost savings opportunities related to projects, billing and service credits
- Sources new service providers and facilitates contract negotiations between legal and vendor
- Partners with cross functional teams to gain oversight into new launches, retrofits and other bandwidth impacting initiatives
- Organizes and attends Vendor Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) to discuss challenges and improvements
- This position will require 25-30% travel
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 7+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years of people management and development (geographically
- 5+ years of procurement experience with an emphasis on vendor management
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Experience leading metric based QBRs
- Knowledge of telecommunication technologies (T1, DIA, EPL, PRI, POTS, 4G, LTE)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to escalate problems for any support needed for problem resolution
- Ability to coordinate with geographically dispersed support and engineering groups, and remote management of team members based in other locations
- Exceptional customer focus and bias for action
- Business process improvement skills
- Ability to interact with C-level vendor professionals
- Lean management and continuous improvement experience
- Knowledge of global connectivity regulations
- Strong written communication skills; this role will require the creation of content such as whitepapers and other written deliverable