sharing the costs of sports activities
- Marii Konopnickiej 31, KrakówKraków, Lesser Poland
- Offer expired 4 days ago
- Remote recruitment
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
Join our team in Kraków and be part of a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team of experienced flood modellers, hydrologists, and GIS specialists. You will have the chance to perform hydraulic/hydrologic modelling for projects related to drinking water distribution networks, wastewater collection networks, storm water drainage, sustainable drainage systems (SuDS), river channels, reservoirs, and other water-related infrastructure, in different spatial scales: local, regional and country-wide. You will cooperate with international project teams and support the development of life-changing solutions that improve communities across Poland, the United Kingdom, and many other countries. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your theoretical knowledge and practical skills in an exceptional and supportive team-atmosphere.
On this position you will:
• Undertake hydraulic and hydrologic modelling on projects related to drinking water distribution, wastewater collection, and storm water management, ensuring models meet the needs of clients
• Be responsible for processing spatial and model results in GIS standards
• Communicate modelling outputs to internal and external clients
• Develop your skills in programming and data management
• Minimum Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental/Earth Sciences or other closely related field
• Master’s degree or 2 years of professional experience would be a plus
• A keen interest in working with 1d and 2d modelling software and the application of industry standard GIS software
• An awareness and understanding of water-resource engineering principles and of modeling limitations, especially related to the hydraulic behavior of free-surface and pressurized flows
• An eagerness to acquire new modelling and technical skills, and to improve on existing ones
• Good verbal and written English skills
What we offer
• Full time employment contract with flexible working hours
• Private medical care and dental coverage in LuxMed for employees and their families
• Life insurance and PPK plan in Generali
• Flexible benefit package: My benefit portal (Multisport card, vouchers and more)
• International working environment and unique company culture
• Personal and professional development opportunities (language courses, BIM academy)
• Recruitment process will be organized online
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
corporate sports team
retirement pension plan
coffee / tea
parking space for employees
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
We have more than 1800 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.