HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o. is a part of HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from over 6,300 offices in over 75 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Currently, we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
Off Market Rate Checking Vice President Regulatory Compliance
Ref No: RC/VP/OMRC/09/2018
The role is a people leader role managing service delivery for the Surveillance Off Market Rate Checking (OMRC) and Best Execution Monitoring processes across various regions and asset classes. The role requires strong business understanding, project management expertise, control focus, knowledge of multiple products and P&L impact, and high quality engagement across all levels to drive change, productivity gains and control benefits.
- Lead, motivate and manage the team, handling contingencies, learning & development, backup, succession & progression planning, and hiring management.
- Ensure service delivery of processes as per the standards set out in PLAs and operate in a well-defined control environment
- Establish Best Execution monitoring processes e.g. drafting project requirements, determining appropriate sampling logic, testing strategic system for effectiveness and efficiency across regions (other than UK) & products
- Ensuring PLA / Business MI structure to provide analysis, trends, outliers and issues to the Best Execution Committee per asset class (GFX, Equities and FI)
- Ensure continuous review of processes with the objective of improving service delivery timeframes, control environment and to identify areas of improvement for RC Operations
- Tight control on direct costs, identify & implement areas for process improvement / standardization / automation to achieve reengineering saves, support analysis and project rollouts. Foster a culture of Being Commercial, with an Ambitious Change Mindset
- Contribute to strategic planning & decisions in RC Operations management meetings
- Direct customers are the in-country senior management and teams; other stakeholders GM Operations, IT, Risk, Front Office, central finance functions, other teams in GFC, GSC and throughout RC Surveillance Operations etc.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Understand stakeholder needs and manage expectations
- Assist senior management in strategic planning and decisions
- Set clear direction, objectives, performance targets and standards of behaviour aligned to HSBC’s strategy.
- Effectively communicate organization strategy and goals. Ensure people are clear about what and how they need to deliver; Take prompt actions to resolve and address under performance
- Encourage quality self-assessments, and carry out periodic assessment and appraisals within internally stipulated deadlines with no exception
- Understand career/personal aspirations whilst managing expectations and focus on developing and inspiring people to achieve their full potential.
- MBA in Finance or similar from Tier I/II institute with at least 9+ years of experience in Controls preferably in a Product Control, Markets Surveillance/ Reporting or Global Markets environment.
- Experience managing high end Product Control, Surveillance or Reporting & Analysis or finance activities, with independent accountability for achieving and driving results
- Strong practical understanding of Traded markets products, such as Equities, Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income, Derivatives - Options, Interest rate swaps, Equity Derivatives, Credit Derivatives etc. and their valuations
- Demonstrated team leadership qualities and proven track record of ability to manage diverse/multi-culture work environments with strong organization, time management and prioritization demand
- Excellent communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills, combined with strong courageous integrity to challenge, ask the right questions, be persistent, give and receive feedback positively, collaborate effectively within own team, outside team and with front office.
- Orientation towards Quality (Six Sigma/Lean methodology) and Efficiency
- IT user expertise in working on systems and applications, with proficiency in MS Excel/Access/Word/Ppt
- Comfortable working in an offshore environment in any ‘shift’ i.e. HK/UK/US time schedules
- Stable job in professional team
- Interesting career path in an international organization
- Private health care, employees’ benefits
- Courses & training for our employees
- Modern office buildings near the city center of Kraków