An e-commerce company, Groupon inspires its users to visit interesting places close-by, travel and discover new activities, while offering a wide range of products as well. It also provides its partners with tools and support, which help them to develop and manage their businesses.
In less than eight years of operating in Poland, Groupon grew from a company that hired less than ten people and fit in a small room into a leader of local trade, and is currently a place where more than 1000 employees have the opportunity to develop their skills and competences in a friendly atmosphere. With offices in Warsaw and Katowice, our global Shared Service Center entity is constantly growing supporting Groupon business within all sorts of operations. We believe that great companies are made by great people.
Groupon is currently looking for candidates for the position of:
Operational Risk Representative (Compliance) with German
Miejsce pracy: Warszawa
Are you a student or graduate of Law or Economics?
Are you fluent in German?
Do you enjoy a fast-paced working style?
Would you like to work in collaboration with in-house lawyers on complex cases?
Would you like to take ownership of projects that impact Groupon’s compliance to local regulations?
As Operational Risk Representative, you are required to become a day-to-day partner for the legal team handling Customer & Merchant escalations in Europe by providing operational support. This role requires that the individual works proactively with key stakeholders in the business, in order to make sure the business is compliant with multiple local regulations, authorities’ requests and legal guidelines. Additionally, we require that this individual becomes a contact point for the team and for stakeholders with a sound knowledge of all processes within the Risk department. The Risk team at Groupon is focused on prevention but doesn’t lack opportunities to react in case of legal issues. Learn about Groupon’s EMEA Risk Team here.
Your job will be to:
- Work together with Groupon’s Legal team providing deep insight into Groupon’s internal procedures and tools and by putting in place all necessary measures needed to reduce legal escalations by customers and merchants.
- Address legal escalations and threats for the company
Investigate cases of Merchant and Internal Fraud and proactively recommend solutions
- Become a contact point for the team with a sound knowledge of all processes and pending escalations
- Investigate escalated issues and cases and prepare extensive reports where necessary
- Cultivate relationships with multiple departments across the company to raise risk awareness
- Provide advisory role for the team with a sound knowledge of all processes within Risk
- Monitor escalations and advising on appropriate courses of action to ensure potential legal claims are addressed effectively
- Available to work full-time (40h per week)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English (multiple languages welcome)
- Previous experience in Operations environment is preferred
- Graduate of Law or Economics preferred
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders within and outside company
- Ability to make confident decisions in complex situations
- Experience in creating and implementing processes and internal checks
- Organisational/time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong team player with attention to detail
- Discretion and professionalism given the sensitive nature of the role
Why we think you might be interested:
- Employment contract and competitive salary based on your experience and skills;
- An attractive monthly bonus system;
- International exposure and opportunity for growth within a renowned global company;
- Wide range of employees’ benefits, including health care and sports card;
- Friendly working atmosphere and the ability to have home office from time to time;
- Employment in a dynamically growing company with an established position in the market;
- A role that has a real impact on business solutions;
- Workplace in the center of Warsaw (Plac Zawiszy)
Attractive Groupon discounts
Training & development programmes
Prosimy o dopisanie klauzuli: Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji, zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (tj. Dz. U. z 2002 nr 101, poz. 926)
Administratorem Danych osobowych, przetwarzanych w celu prowadzenia procesu rekrutacyjnego jest Groupon Sp. z o. o., z siedzibą w Warszawie, al. Jerozolimskie 123a. W zależności od rodzaju prowadzonego procesu zatrudnienia, dane osobowe mogą zostać udostępnione spółce Groupon Shared Services Poland Sp. z o. o. z siedzibą w Warszawie, al. Jerozolimskie 123a. Podanie danych jest dobrowolne, aczkolwiek niezbędne do prowadzenia procesu rekrutacji. Przysługuje państwu prawo dostępu do swoich danych oraz do ich poprawiania. Jeżeli chcecie Państwo, by wasze dane były wykorzystane w kolejnych procesach rekrutacyjnych przez powyższe spółki, prosimy o zamieszczenie klauzuli zgody.