sharing the costs of sports activities
- Offer expired 25 days ago
- Remote recruitment
- contract of employment
- senior specialist (Senior)
Technologies we use
About the project
Working as an Operational Technician, you are responsible for the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of the wind turbines in the designated wind farm.
You will directly report to the local country and functionally report to the local operations manager in designated wind farm and once the works are completed, next assignment will be given accordingly.
The major responsibilities will be to start-up an newly wind farm, supporting subcontractor and project management teams.
Operational techs are also expected to support commissioning activities when required. Additional responsibilities are to support maintenance and troubleshooting activities whenever applicable.
You will be provided all the technical trainings required to perform the assignments.
This job opens the possibility to travel across the Europe on challenging assignments, working with diverse and multi-cultural teams and have great possibility to expand your knowledge for wind turbine operations.
If interested, this opportunity opens the door for leading new team of technicians and training them for long-term safe operation of the wind farm.
Responsible for ensuring smooth start-up of the new wind farms by assisting site activities and from the contract start, ensuring availability and performance of Wind Farms is maintained as per contractual obligations.
o Ability to travel most of the time and also requires working overtime, with a fixed schedule for the complete year
o Perform all work with a high HSE focus by following all HSE regulations in place
o Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance according to Nordex manuals, regulations and high quality standards
o Ensure that the site quality standards are maintained all the time and report accordingly if deviations are noted.
o Implementing retrofits and clearing snag list from customer / PM inspections
o Daily reporting of work activities via NX time reporting tools (e.g. SAP)
o Autonomously do simple repairs of turbines, troubleshooting and fault finding
o Support complex repair-processes in collaboration with the local technical support / lead technician / subcontractor teams
o Carry out initial maintenance after wind farm installation completion
Ensure the on-site quality & HSE
o Creation of HSE and quality incidents when applicable (e.g. ServiceNow)
o Ensures awareness about site emergency plans
o Able to give site inductions when applicable
o Deliver tool box talk when required
o Supports Subcontractor auditing and control of subcontractors at site (work quality and HSE)
Responsible for complete, correct and timely reporting via different IT interfaces (i.e. SAP, ServiceNow etc.)
o Clear communication to all internal stakeholders (Service, PM, customers etc.)
Knowledge transfer tasks
Support on-the-job training for local & newly hired service technicians
Ensures smooth transition of knowledge about the assigned wind farm operation to local operational team or customer (when applicable) before moving to next assignments
• Preferably minimum 2 years of experience in the wind industry
• Applicable safety trainings as per GWO standards and demonstrated safety mindset in all previous responsibilities
• Demonstrated use and understanding of intermediate level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque and diagnostic tools
• Demonstrated intermediate working knowledge of industrial safety practices / protocols (e.g. Confined Space, energy isolation). Ability to complete detailed component inspections and report on findings
Education and qualification
• High school diploma or equivalent and Post high school education (i.e. wind school, trade school, college) preferred – also a minimum two (2) year wind industry experience – electrical experience, including ability to read electrical drawings, preferred
• Driving License
• Computer literate, able to use MS Office and SAP and in house database and workload management systems
• Ability to read, comprehend and write in English
• Place of permanent residence and work permit allowing to work in Poland.
• Physically and mentally fit – able to work at heights
• Able to guide a team
• Good communication skills
• Flexible and willing to travel on regular basis, including nights away from home
• Must have a “can do” attitude
• Systematic problem-solving behavior
• Result orientation
private medical care
remote work opportunities
Nordex Polska Sp. z o.o.
The manufacture of wind energy plants in the on-shore segment has been our core competence and passion for around 35 years. With more than 28 GW installed capacity worldwide, our turbines supply sustainable energy to more than 80% of the global energy market and we are one of the largest companies in the wind industry. National subsidiaries in more than 25 markets and production facilities in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the USA, Mexico and India offer our more than 6,500 employees the opportunity for international and intercultural cooperation. We are growing and together driving forward the expansion of alternative energies worldwide - if you wish, from now on with you.
If you are passionate of renewables energies, you love working in teams and you share our values of Integrity, Colleagueship, Respect and Ownership we would like you to join the Nordex Group.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV IN ENGLISH