Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Operations Manager Logistics (m/f)
Miejsce pracy: Szczecin
Amazon is looking to hire an experienced Operations Manager (m/f) to join the team in our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Kolbaskowo, close to Szczecin.
- Strong senior operations team leadership experience (manufacturing, production or distribution environments), in a similar fast-paced environment
- Goal driven, target orientated, able to step back and look at the bigger picture and long term vision for the department
- Able to manage ambiguity with their sleeves rolled up, and posses a preparedness to get involved if needed
- Demonstrate strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and very strong analytical skill capability as required, to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges
- Excellent judgments to ensure timely decisions are made on a regular basis. Demonstrated ability to get things done and be resourceful
- Maintains effective pace and produces conclusive, measurable results within time commitments
- You are fluent in English and Polish. Verbally and written communication, including report writing skills
- High dependability – able to manage a business that can operate 24/7 (including weekends). Therefore you should be able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done
- Practiced working knowledge of Six Sigma tools (preferred Black Belt qualified) and Lean techniques
- Candidates will be degree qualified in Operations, Engineering, Logistics or similar. An MBA would also be advantageous
As an Operations Manager, you’ll deliver inspiring, supportive leadership for the teams you manage. But at the same time, you don’t shy away from rolling up your sleeves and getting involved whenever necessary.
The role includes the overall management, control and direction of Inbound or Outbound distribution operations and will work to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the FC provides to our customers, resulting in exceeded productivity goals and the delivery to our customer promise.
- Manage and drive staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/ Six Sigma initiatives to enable Operations and ultimately the FC to attain our Business Plan
- Manage a team of managers with responsibility of a department of 200+ (400 in peak season) employees within a very fast-paced/ time-critical and demanding environment
- Measure performance through metrics, providing feedback, and holding Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments
- Leverage ideas of Business Unit Managers Logistics and Team Leaders to source and nurture creative improvement plans for the FC
- Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the department
- Work closely with support staff (HR, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety Manager, Security Manager, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures
- Manage and promote the maintenance of the working environment including driving health and safety standards across your operational area
- Ensure security procedures are followed at all times