Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Operations Support Team Leader (Maritime Logistics)
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
nr ref.: 56526BR
Shell Trading & Supply has a global portfolio of crude oil, refined products, LNG, chemicals natural gas, electrical power and CO2. Trading offices are located in the US, Canada, UK, Singapore, The Netherlands, Japan, Barbados, Dubai and Russia, with many other downstream entities situated across the globe.
We are interested in attracting people to our business who share our core working values of honesty, integrity and respect for others. We also want those who can build on our business vision, are prepared to accept accountability and can achieve great results through teamwork and while adapting to a changing business environment.
This position is in Global Operations Commercial Services and is part of the Global Operations Support Team. The team provides administrative and professional support primarily to Trading and Supply Operations. The scope of the team changes as business needs change.
The successful candidate will lead a team of Operations Support Analysts in Krakow working closely with the Operations Support Manager and other Team Leaders in the network to ensure efficient and effective working processes across the globe. The Team Lead will be responsible for the delivery of results and will drive the continual improvement and adoption of best practices.
- Leading by example being accountable for the teams collective responsibilities including the drive for continuous improvement of team and processes
- Responsible for training and developing the team. Using feedback and training, develop team’s technical and personal skills to create a professional and commercial organization.
- Responsible for the compiling of metrics for team performance management and contribution to the business
- Ensure team is audit ready at all times. Including internal Shell Group Records and external reporting to government entities for customs and environmental regulations.
- Responsible for KPI reporting and Process monitoring
- Effectively manage key stakeholders and collaborate across a global Operations Support team as required.
- Work with Trading, Commercial Operations and Finance Operations in identifying and resolving issues related to T&S movements.
- Work with internal team and other stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Accountable for the maintenance of Operations manuals and other materials within the Operations on-boarding website.
- Manage the interface with Finance for tasks such as accruals management, the invoicing and settlement of secondary costs
- Ability to make decisions with incomplete or ambiguous information, willing to challenge the status quo and able to generate creative solutions to complicated problems.
- University degree
- English C1
- Experience working with global stakeholders and facilitating remote communication.
- Min. 2 years of Leadership experience in Logistics/Supply Chain/Finance
- Evidence of thriving in a fast past, high energy and demanding working environment where the ability to prioritize tasks is essential.
- Evidence of an orientation towards learning and application of learning to problem solving
- Working knowledge of LEAN or other CI tools is preferred. Demonstrated experience using these tools will be highly considered.
- Evidence of ability to identify the root cause of problems and generate / support creative solutions to those problems. Be able to follow a process through end to end including understanding impact to the book of record
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Be results oriented
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility, respect and rappor
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.