The independent Valeo group is fully focused on the design, production and sales of components, integrated systems and modules in the automotive industry, is one of the world's leading suppliers for the automotive industry. Throughout the world, in 33 countries, it employs over 111,000 employees, who contribute to the continuous development of Valeo every day thanks to their energy and commitment. In total, Valeo has nearly 190 production sites and 55 Research and Development Centers, which contributes to one of the main missions - creating new, better automotive solutions.
Valeo Lighting Systems – Lighting Development Center
As a result of growth of our organization, Valeo Lighting Systems is currently opening new Development Center in Chrzanów.
In Chrzanów Site we focus on developing and manufacturing lighting systems for passenger cars. These products have a high level of technology content such as LED, electronics, optics as well as a very attractive styling.The main manufacturing processes such as metallization, assembly and plastic injection including multicomponent and multi-color injections are highly advanced. Valeo constantly innovates to improve the product performance, comfort and safety.
Valeo provides exceptional employee conditions and develops talents throughout all levels of organisation. We offer our employees opportunities to develop their potential, to reach their career development goals and to bring their contribution to technological innovations in the automotive industry.
Currently, we are looking for Candidates for:
Optics Engineer in Development Center
Localization: Chrzanów near Kraków
- Develop optical systems to meet customer specifications and our regulations;
- Optical design development for lighting products in accordance with the various phases of a program schedule, i.e. feasibility, design, design verification, certification, production launch;
- Improve and develop optical design methodologies for the enhancement of design productivity and capability;
- Participate and/or manage directly the development of new optical technology;
- Propose technical solutions to make our offer attractive and competitive;
- Is in charge of mock-up or initial sample characterization to check that they are conform to specification;
- Ensure the success of the technical presentations to customers that are requested;
- Makes suggestions to set up within the Laboratory, (material or methodological developments) aimed at improving the efficiency of the service.
The ideal Candidate for this role will:
- Have an engineer’s or master’s degree in Optical Engineering or related technical field;
- Have 2 years of experience in the optical industry, preferably in the field of automotive products;
- Have an experience in design and development in automotive or related optical engineering fields;
- Have an experience with non-imaging optics and photometric measurement systems, as an additional advantage;
- Have an experience with 3D CAD systems, CATIA-V5 preferred;
- Have an experience with optical design and simulation software, as an additional advantage;
- Have an experience with design of automotive exterior lighting, as an additional advantage;
- Be fluent in English.
What can we offer you:
- Opportunity to create completely new Development Center;
- International training program;
- Possibility to work with innovative automotive technologies;
- Possibility of professional development in an international environment;
- Competitive salary based on competencies and experience;
- Stable employment under a permanent contract;
- Attractive benefits’ package;
- Access to tools, systems and methodologies used according to the highest automotive standards.
Apply and let’s talk about what you can do with us and what we can do for you.