Oracle Database Engineer with Linux and pl/sql
Employee in this position is a professional specialized on technical maintenance and administration of databases. As member of the team, you will be responsible for answering and resolving technical requests regarding the DB and OS server infrastructure. Automation of certain operational procedures if necessary. Execute standard requests. In depth incident analysis, to solve more complex incidents/problems. Contributes to the identification of potential problems in coordination with Architecture Team. Monitoring activities. Maintain appropriate logs of systems, users and operational activities. Installation, configuration and support of the systems being under maintenance in particular:
- Provide technical expertise on Oracle Database.
- Ability to drive architecture design on customer projects and act as a trusted advisor on Oracle Database to deliver highly available and secured database environments.
- Install, patch, upgrade and maintain all Oracle Database and Enterprise Management software.
- Implement backup & recovery strategy
- Help customer on benchmark to identify bottlenecks, and provide guidance on tuning and optimization of Oracle Database;
- Be able to write accurate and concise technical documentation;
- Ensure availability and quality of data by maintaining and improving performances (tuning) and features (by enhancing their automation, optimizing treatments and requests, the configuration...)
- Follow performance statistics of access to database objects to ensure the tuning
- Management of volume increase on data access
- Administrate user access rights as well as data security issues with security engineer
- Manage version upgrade
- Update programs, fix potential bugs (install patches) and give go before deployment in production
- Advise on back-up procedures to realize by exploitation teams to ensure integrity of data from all bases, especially archiving and data purge
- Define quality standards and set-up related follow-up dashboards
- Ensure follow-up of monitoring tools and study all issues to qualify their gravity and origin(s)
- Elaborate and execute test procedures and programs, after migrations or following an incident
- Ensure that safeguards are properly executed (by doing tests in a back-up repository) and control data updates
- Ensure the data recovery and the operational restoration of databases following a critical incident
To be suitable for the role an ability to solve complex problems and effective communication in English and Polish is required. At initial stage of a project traveling to West European or Nordic countries for couple of weeks can be required.
We wish from you:
- Good knowledge (over 3 years of professional experience) of Oracle 11g – optionally later versions
- Experience with pl/sql
- Experience with Unix/Linux in a multi-domain environment including shell scripting.
- Communication in English and Polish
- Reliability and precision at work.
- Team spirit.
- Initiative, accuracy, efficiency and attention to details.
- Experience in Java software development
- Oracle performance and tuning skills including server configuration and tracing facilities.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Grid Control.
- Knowledge of Oracle Grid Infrastructure, ASM and RMAN in a critical and real-time production environment.
- Knowledge of storage high-availability management & networking.
Knowledge of Oracle Database auditing is a plus.If You are ambitious and passionate about IT, join our dynamic & dedicated team and you will become part of a multicultural and meaningful environment where you will not only be using your skills and knowledge, but also improve and grow your experience by participating in international projects.
If you wish to apply for this position, please visit our careers page: jobs.atos.net, select Poland as country and complete our online application form.
How will we make your life easier and happy?
- You will improve your qualifications by: individual development plans, budget for development activities, internal and external trainings, the opportunity to participate in conferences and gain international certification.
- We will look after you with a private medical package that includes dentist.
- We support your new-year resolutions with Multisport and OK System cards. If you build a team of sport enthusiasts, you will also get additional funding.
- Do you need new glasses? We will give you 600 PLN reimbursement for buying one.
- You will receive a guaranteed pool of points to be used for shopping, concert tickets or fulfilling other dreams.
- Every month we will subsidize commuting.
- Do you want to improve your language skills? Please, do so with us.
- You will do good in the world by helping others thanks to CSR actions.
- You will have an extra vacation for significant moments.
- We will celebrate and have fun during company parities.
- We will build together a positive work culture
- Work for an ATOS Global Delivery Center Poland organization holding the "Best Pace to Work" title.
- Work for worldwide software engineering company where software development and IT systems engineering is a core revenue stream.
- Professional IT/Software oriented personal development and training program including industry standard certification path
- Relocation package if applicable
- Participation in the international challenging IT activities along with opportunity of implementing own ideas and improvements
- Skills and knowledge development in rare beneficial IT areas
- Team work among real enthusiasts at discovering and utilizing latest tools and methodologies at variety of IT, software projects for different sectors/domains.
- Internal and external technology and tools trainings.
- Access to our huge knowledge library and interdisciplinary IT e-learning portals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
What do we offer?
Private life and travel insurance
Private medical care incl. Dental care
Training and development programs
Learning foreign languages
Worldwide career opportunity
See how the work environment looks like in our modern offices in Wroclaw and Lodz:
Did you know that The Atos Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games?
- 110,000 employees in 73 countries
- IT infrastructure management services, systems integration, outsourcing and IT consulting
- Almost 5000 people employed in Poland in 8 cities: Bydgoszcz, Warszawa, Wroclaw, Opole, Krakow, Gdansk, Rzeszów, Lodz
Our Group provides Cloud services, Infrastructure & Data Management, Business & Platform solutions for clients across various business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Energy & Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications and Transportation.
We take care of your personal data privancy. More information about processing your personal data within recruitment process you can find on our website: https://atos.net/pl/polska/gdpr