- Equator II, al. Jerozolimskie 96, Warszawa, PolskaWarszawa, mazowieckie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło 23 dni temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
Discovery’s Global Business Services (GBS) organization maintains operations across the globe including major hubs in Silver Spring, Chiswick Park, London, Mexico City and Warsaw, Poland. The organization is known for its innovative thinking, best practice implementation and customer service. We seek to unlock financial value for the company through igniting curiosity in all our team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming.
Currently, we are looking for Payroll Analyst based in Warsaw, Poland (Aleje Jerozolimskie).
The Payroll Analyst will be responsible for processing payroll transactions for multiple countries across Europe. The position reports directly to the Payroll Manager and will work closely with Human Resources (HR) and outsourced payroll service providers to deliver operational excellence on the end-to-end payroll process, including the resolution of payroll queries and discrepancies, driving payment disbursements and managing related account reconciliations.
About the role
- Manage end to end monthly payroll services for specific countries in the EMEA region, liaising with local HR for accurate employee data, submitting data to our payroll vendors, reconciling payroll output, disbursing payments and posting journals.
- Review payroll data to ensure consistency and accuracy / reasonableness.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed output reports
- Perform year-end reporting for all payrolls, including liaison with external stakeholders on timely and accurate submission of tax, insurance and benefit in kind data as required by local company agreements and country legislation.
- Support the Stock Admin team in administering the Discovery Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Ensure exercised stock options are reconciled, processed via payroll and reported to tax authorities
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits and offer support to the relevant teams when considering new benefit initiatives.
- Administer monthly and annual tax settlement for European payrolls
- Assisting the Global Mobility team in discussing transfers and reviewing agreements for transfers into and from Europe
- Provide key project support on integrating European payrolls into a global platform
- Deliver excellent customer service by answering employee queries and resolving issues promptly
- Record applicable month-end accounting entries to the general ledger control accounts for payroll transactions
- Ensure controls are performed and supporting documentation retained for Sarbanes Oxley compliance and financial and statutory audits
- Manage and maintain relationship with outsourced payroll provider to provide efficiencies to global payroll processes
- Establish/maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders and the business generally
- At least 2 year’s experience of multi country payroll operations supported by a detailed knowledge of country specific legislation (preferred for Germany, Netherlands, Sweden and Norway/Denmark)
- Professional payroll qualification preferred
- Strong English language skills (written and spoken)
- Experience working with different payroll providers and software systems
- Experience of payroll-related accounting requirements including GL postings, account reconciliations and accruals.
- The ability to interpret in-country legislation requirements in overall payroll terms
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work with HR, employees and payroll providers in many different European countries
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Close attention to detail, methodical and diligent
- Ability to work independently and adopt a proactive approach
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders including international finance and HR teams
- Intermediate literacy with Microsoft products, SAP (Finance & HR), Blackline & NetSuite
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
Please include the following statement in your application: "I hereby authorize you to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2014, item 1182, 1662)".