You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and effective running of specific European payrolls from GBS, including producing accurate and timely payroll and monthly payroll accounting. You will also be the primary support and contact for our payroll and HR teams based in local offices across Europe as well as outsourced payroll providers.
Our Client is an international, well known company located in Warsaw city center. For their new Shared Service Center we are looking to hire experienced candidate for the position of Payroll Analyst. The organization is known for its innovative thinking, best practice implementation and customer service. We seek to unlock financial value for the company through igniting curiosity in all of our team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming.
- Manage monthly payroll services for specific European country based employees, liaising with local HR for accurate employee data, submitting data to and reconciling payroll output.
- Scrutinize payroll data to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Perform year-end reporting for all payrolls, including liaison with external stakeholders on timely and accurate submission of tax, insurance and benefit in kind data as required by local company agreements and local country legislation
- Ensure exercised stock options are reconciliation for accuracy and reported to tax authorities
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Administer monthly and annual tax settlement for European payrolls
- Assisting the Global Mobility team in discussing transfers and reviewing agreements for transfers into and from Europe
- Provide key project support on integrating European payrolls into a global platform
- Deliver excellent customer service by answering employee queries and resolving issues promptly
- Record applicable month-end accounting entries to the general ledger controlling accounts for payroll transactions
- Reconcile GL Balance Sheet accounts for all GBS supported entities, ensuring reconciling items are reviewed an cleared according to policy
- Ensure controls are performed and supporting documentation retained for Sarbanes Oxley compliance and financial and statutory audits
- Manage and maintain relationship with outsourced payroll provider to provide efficiencies to global payroll processes
- At least 2 years payroll experience
- Experience working with different payroll providers and software systems
- Experience in payroll-related accounting requirements of more than one European country and ability to interpret in-country legislation requirements in overall payroll terms
- Cultural sensitivity, able to work with HR, employees and payroll providers in many different European countries
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with employee queries
- Close attention to detail, methodical and diligent
- Ability to work independently and adopt a proactive approach
- Ability to develop strong relationships with international finance teams (Europe and US)
- Intermediate literacy with Microsoft products and SAP and HR systems
- Experience with SAP financial and HR systems required
- Experience of payroll related accounting and reconciliation requirements
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental care
- Bonus system
About Michael Page
Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world’s top employers.
Michael Page is a part of the PageGroup, which operates through 164 offices in 34 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we’ve been bringing job seekers and employers together for more than 35 years.
Find out more about Michael Page