sharing the costs of sports activities
Payroll Team Leader
- offer expired 16 days ago
- contract of employment
- manager / supervisor
- Immediate employment
- remote recruitment
We are seeking a Payroll Team Leader for our GSS European Payroll Team based in Gdynia, Poland.
To succeed in this role, you should be a caring and respectful team player with a flexible and adaptable approach, and a customer-centric mindset. You will lead a team of payroll professionals, working closely with DNV Business Area Managers and Regional Advisory teams across Europe, executing payroll service for 20 European countries.
A Payroll Team Leader succeeds through others and therefore a strong focus on people, willingness to share knowledge and support would be crucial. In this role, you will also play a key role in carrying out some of the projects within GSS HR.
In your role you will:
• Responsible for conducting payroll processes for various countries, incl. documentation and third-party management (e.g. for gross to net payroll calculations, statutory compliances etc).
• Responsible for all reporting and reconciliations, Payroll tax updates, including the oversight of all year-end activities with vendor.
• Responsible for effective and efficient delivery of Payroll across network – deliver SLA’s (service level agreement’s), KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), metrics/measures.
• Mitigate risks related to audits, data privacy, security, visibility and other related regional concerns.
• Provides support level 2 inquiry payroll support to employees, managers and Regional HR. Escalate issues to vendor as needed.
• Documentation – ensure documentation is up to date for processes and regional documentation is maintained.
• Working with the Business Areas stakeholders, Regional Centers Advisors and the global payroll process owner in identifying areas where enhancements can be made to streamline existing workflows or projects and work towards standardization and further improvements of the processes.
• Perform L2 review/validate payroll registers/outputs shared by payroll vendor.
• Keep track on team to check whether payrolls are processed as per various statutory laws.
• Establish and maintain professional partnerships with internal and external stakeholder.
To be passionate about global payroll and be customer centric minded.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required in related field. Human Resources or Finance related academic credentials preferred.
Minimum 5 years of multi-country payroll experience.
Excellent written and oral communication in English is required, other languages as an advantage.
To be able to understand and translate business questions into analytics projects.
Good knowledge of the HR system landscape (BMC Service Management, Oracle HCM,
Oracle on premise and different payroll systems knowledge will be an advantage).
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint) required.
Demonstrable experience in building and maintaining professional partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Ability to develop and implement new ideas or ways of working and adapt to change
An eye for innovation trends and digital solutions.
Experience in managing the team will be advantage.
Demonstrated change management experience; ability to challenge the status quo and promote innovative ideas will be an advantage.
Display the drive and determination to make a difference; ability to think “outside of the box“.
What we offer
Scandinavian working style emphasis on trust and empowerment.
Great atmosphere of working together in a team professionals.
Competence development and possibility to participate in global projects.
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
corporate sports team
mobile phone available for private use
computer available for private use
retirement pension plan
coffee / tea
employee referral program
33 days of sick leave fully paid by employer
attractive and modern office with ergonomic equipment
What do you value the most?
Since 1864, our Purpose has been to safeguard life, property and the environment. Our Vision is to be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations. Our Values are beliefs that shape our performance:
We care for each other, our customers, our planet, and we take care of ourselves.
We dare to explore, to experiment, to be different, and to be courageous, curious and creative.
We share our experience and knowledge. We collaborate with each other and our customers, and we continue to grow and develop as a result.
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence. As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We deliver world-renowned testing, certification and technical advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables, oil and gas, and energy management. We are one of the world’s leading certification bodies, helping businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains.
We are also a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more. Our open industry assurance platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.