Personal Assistant to the Director General
Eumetsat - Europäische Organisation für WettersatellitenO firmie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło 14 godzin temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency, operating satellites that monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This role is based at the EUMETSAT headqquarters in Darmstadt, Germany.
EUMETSAT currently exploits a fleet of 10 Earth observation satellites, including three on behalf of the EU Copernicus programme. It is now developing its next generation satellite systems in partnership with the European Space Agency, for deployment in the period 2021-2025.
EUMETSAT is governed by a Council and a Director-General.
Personal Assistant to the Director GeneralNumer ref.: 102662
Working in Darmstadt, Germany, as part of a multinational team of professionals at the cutting edge of satellite technology, the Personal Assistant (PA) to the Director-General manages the secretariat of the office of the Director-General and provides personal assistance to him/her in close coordination with the Head of the DG Cabinet.
- Manage the secretariat of the office of the Director-General and supervise secretarial support to the Director-General, the Chief Scientist and the Head of the Quality Management Unit;
- Provide personal assistance to the Director-General, including:
- Managing his/her schedule and appointments;
- Filtering external and internal solicitations;
- Managing interactions with offices of high level external contacts;
- Upon request, create, organise and populate non-redundant temporary files on hot topics;
- Supervise preparation of missions and meetings, in close coordination with the Head of the DG Cabinet or departments responsible for the meetings;
- Draft general correspondence and proof read produced by the Director-General;
- Support the preparation and follow-up of meetings of the Management Board, under the supervision of the Head of DG Cabinet;
- Coordinate with the offices of the four Directors of department and the Head of the Strategy, Communication and International Relations Division, in particular as regards:
- Appropriate sharing of business and management information, including relevant databases;
- Planning and assignment or responsibilities for organising high level meetings or events hosted or organised by EUMETSAT;
- Timely delivery of inputs to speeches, presentations, meetings, reports and other management documents;
- Prepare the inputs of the Director General, the Quality Management Unit and the Chief Scientist to the sketch and draft annual budgets and multi-annual financial and human resource plans;
- Monitor the execution of approved budgets.
- Successful experience as the personal assistant of a senior executive in a multi-lingual international environment, preferably with exposure to external public and private decision makers;
- Experience in the management of the secretariat of a senior executive and coordination with other offices
- Proven experience of organizing VIP meetings in accordance with relevant protocols and with sense of diplomacy;
- Autonomy, and proven ability to plan and self-organize and to deliver high quality outputs within deadlines, even in stressful situations;
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills;
- Excellent English, including the ability to produce high standard correspondence; skills in French and German would be an
- Proficient practice of office software suites (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and experience of a document
- management system and an ERP, preferably SAP, with ability to adapt to new tools;
- Excellent communication and team-working skills with ability to interact effectively at all levels with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent salary, of up to Euro 5,000/month NET (after income tax) based on skills and experience
- Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
- Full medical coverage for employee and family
- Attractive pension
- 30 days annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
- Training and development support
- Relocation allowance (if applicable)