sharing the costs of sports activities
PHP Developer – 100% remote
Pitney Bowes Polska sp z o.o.About the company
- Offer expired a month ago
- Remote recruitment
- Remote work
- contract of employment, B2B contract
- specialist (Mid / Regular), senior specialist (Senior)
Technologies we use
About the project
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way. As a Software Engineer for Pitney Bowes, you can too. We are actively looking for Software/Senior/Principle Engineers who are the driving force, the inspiration and the foundation of our company.
You’ll join a team responsible for one of our foundational services – Duties and Taxes Calculator. Not visible to an online shopper, the service powers calculations of every item’s price to accommodate necessary taxes and other charges inevitable when a parcel is delivered across the globe.
As part of the team you’ll be responsible for maintaining and extending the service including but not limited to:
• Updating the service to match new regulatory requirements
• Helping the support team to understand different issues
• Providing insights into service performance
• Helping to improve item classification accuracy
• Helping to reduce cost of resources needed to run the service
• Defining the future of the service architecture and technological platform
Although the service is written in PHP, we are open to discuss migration to other platform(s), e.g. Scala.
We are open to a wide variety of developer experience and ambitions starting from people who are just happy to write code and to those willing to take technical ownership over the whole problem (and solution) domain of cross-border duties and taxes intelligence.
We are looking for candidates who:
• Has hands-on PHP experience, enjoy writing code and not finding someone who will do it for you. Although you may eventually be in a leadership position involving more communication and strategy than code, every developer starts by performing coding and troubleshooting tasks from the shared team backlog.
• Are comfortable with large and unknown codebases. We admit that our current codebase is quite large and maybe not up to the most recent industry trends. And although there will be help, you should be comfortable with the idea that there are bits and pieces that nobody on the team remembers. Bonus point if you don’t scare to keep track of these bits and provide improvement suggestions later.
• Take responsibility for service and not just code. Together with business and product (who define what the service should be) our engineering teams are responsible for providing service to our clients. Tasks are not finished when code is updated. The team is responsible for testing and deploying changes into production, monitoring application, making it performant, reliable, and highly available.
Technologies We Use
• PHP 7
• Behat (Behavior-Driven Testing Framework)
• Kubernetes & Docker & Multi-zone deployment in AWS
• Amazon Aurora MySQL
• Monitoring tools (business and performance insights, metrics, alerts)
Above is our current technical stack but it does not mean you’ll have to stick with all of these. In fact, we are open to change and love engineers who can understand the current requirements and limitations and could suggest path forward without disrupting service to our clients.
You listen to other people. Our technical achievements are measured against someone’s needs. We do things because it helps our clients and others to do their job.
We also value learning to achieve the quality bar. Our engineering team is very supportive, and we strive to provide proper level of education and training to help everyone to achieve new heights.
This is how we organize our work
This is how we work
- you focus on a single project at a time
- you have influence on the product
- you focus on product development
- you focus on code maintenance
- backend developer
This is how we work on a project
architect / technical leader support
issue tracking tools
Development opportunities we offer
conferences in Poland
soft skills training
space for experimenting
support of IT events
technical knowledge exchange within the company
What we offer
Fully remote role (based anywhere in Poland) or Hybrid or Office Based in Bielsko-Biala – you choose
Employment contract or B2B – you choose
Opportunities to grow and develop your career: personal development plan, access to e-learning platforms (Lynda.com), knowledge sharing, trainings and professional development programs, interesting career path in an international organization
Employees’ benefits package (for Employment Contract): life insurance, private healthcare with dental care, MyBenefit Cafeteria with MultiSport option, social package (ZFSS), employee referral program (up to 1500 USD per recommended candidate), pension plan (Aviva)
Office in the city centre with free parking space, bike parking, relax area (ping-pong, table football) & fully equipped kitchen, free drinks & snacks
Team building events and conferences
private medical care
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
computer available for private use
retirement pension plan
no dress code
video games at work
coffee / tea
parking space for employees
extra social benefits
sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
employee referral program
opportunity to obtain permits and licenses
Pitney Bowes Polska sp z o.o.
Pitney Bowes (https://www.pitneybowes.com) is a global technology company. They offer ecommerce, shipping, mailing and financial services. In 2020, Pitney Bowes celebrated 100 years of delivering innovative products and solutions to drive commerce. Pitney fosters a culture of integrity and shared values. They encourage the team of passionate and ambitious people to win. Pitney seeks driven professionals who are ready to thrive through collaboration and innovation.
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.