At CH2M you will join an inclusive and dedicated team working on some of the world’s most impactful projects. Hard problems energize us, and fresh solutions delight us. This approach has defined us for more than 60 years, and it will drive us for the next 60 and beyond. Close collaboration among so many skilled and creative problem solvers gives us the power to safely and successfully execute almost any client project.
Piping Stress Engineer/Projektant Analizy Naprężeń Rurociągów, Krakow - Poland
- Can perform pipe stress analysis including both static and dynamic analysis for complex piping systems.
- Supervises, trains, and mentors less experienced stress designers.
- Can work Independently.
- Performs plant and piping design work across several engineering disciplines in the 3D integrated design systems (PDS, SP3D, CADWorx).
- Understands design impacts on constructability.
- Introduce and performe qualit review check for 3D modeling and piping deliverables.
- Final discipline QA/QC of Pipe Stress computer models (i.e. AutoPIPE/ Caesar).
- QA/QC FEA analysis.
- Participates in design reviews, risk assessments, and vendor bid evaluations.
- Assists in the generation of proposals, scopes, schedules and budgets for project.
- Displays strong communication and interpersonal skills and has the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- 5+ years of engineering/design experience in oil and gas or chemical consumer products industry.
- 5+ years of piping stress analysis experience ( in at least one of the tools: AutoPipe, Caesar).
- Broad knowledge about other disciplines (Structural, Mechanical, Process).
- Select pre-engineered pipe supports based on AutoPIPE/ Caesar loads.
- Capable of communicating nodal loads to structural engineer.
- Capable of resolving most pipe stress issues without guidance.
- Understand AutoPIPE/Caesar stress outputs.
- Understand Finite Element Analysis (FEA) as it relates to pipe supports and its effect on the pipe stress.
- Capable of designing & performing calculations of custom pipe supports based on nodal loads.
- Comfortable with pipe stress analysis for plastic piping (PVC, Polypro, PVDF, etc.).
- Understand seismic design criteria (ASCE 7-10) and its effects on above ground piping.
- Very good skills in CAD software (AutoCAD) and MS office suite (Word, Excel).
- Familiar with PDF editor.
- Good English level - written and spoken.
- German language skills will be an advantage.
- Fluent in code requirements for pipe stress analysis (ASME B31.3 & ASCE 7-10).
- Familiar or willing to learn complexities of Semiconductor facilities.
- Associate degree with concentration in Mechanical/Piping.
- Field experience will be an advantage.
- Flexibility for travel to other location will be appreciated in moderate time frame.
- Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines, clients, and vendors at all levels.
- Opportunity to work on exciting international projects and programs
- A commitment to your personal and professional development
- A total reward nationally leading package that recognizes and promotes success and performance
- A dynamic environment that encourages a healthy work life balance with flexible working conditions
- Great atmosphere in a growing team
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.