Woodwardis a multinational company with leading edge technology, headquartered in Fort Collins, CO. We are an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries, and transportation markets rely on Woodward technology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact.
Join our Sourcing team as
PLC Sourcing Project Manager
Reference number: 1800275
The PLC (Product Life Cycle) Sourcing Project Manager (PM) position exists to lead the successful collaboration and integration between engineering, supply base and global commodity teams throughout the PLC process in order to achieve an optimal product solution for Woodward.
- Primary Global Sourcing focal point for engineering teams/project management. Has the ability and knowledge of how to get things done within Woodward, is go to person throughout the organization for issue resolution, has experience and full proficiency of PLC, PLC sourcing processes, Global Sourcing requirements, quality system or business specific needs to get the job done and issues resolved
- Global Sourcing lead on all engineering development projects of medium to high complexity, including platforms and proposals, with some oversite. This person leads and influences others throughout the Woodward organization to ensure successful implementation of supply chain strategy for development projects. Additionally, leads and influences commodity members to complete actions for sub-project level activities to meet engineering project timelines and goals.
- Applies Global Sourcing commodity sourcing strategies to all engineering projects throughout a product life cycle while ensuring alignment with Woodward's business goals and customer requirements. Develop and drive project plans and strategically and proactively uses design to cost, risk mitigation, commercial alignment, technical requirements, early supplier involvement activities and other tools or processes as necessary to address immediate or long term project requirements.
- Engages and collaborates with the Global Sourcing Commodity teams to communicate engineering needs, gaps, and areas of concern that may require strategy alignment to enable Woodward success.
- Leads engineering teams in understanding the direction of the commodity strategies as related to project or program requirements. Leverages Global Sourcing supply chain strategies to propose and suggest innovative solutions to engineering challenges.
- Responsible for completion of project deliverables which can include but is not limited to Sourcing Strategy Checklist, Early Supplier Involvement and Risk Mitigation plans.
- Effective leadership skills including the building of effective teams, an ability to manage conflict, the effective setting of priorities in the team and an ability to clearly define roles, responsibilities and objectives.
- Solid knowledge or education in Quality Management Systems, compliance standards
- Effective interpersonal skills and interfacing with operations management, both internal and external, across domestic and international functions and organizations.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in commodities, economy or engineering,
- 3years of experience in Supply Chain/Purchasing, Engineering, manufacturing preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in NPI environment preferred
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures, applications and practices,
- Basic understanding of global commodity sourcing strategies,
- Ability to work with a high level of independence. Works with minimum supervision. Self-motivated and maintains a sense of urgency to support challenges deliverables,
- Ability to track and manage priorities based upon daily business needs,
- Ability to use and knowledge of Software: MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), local Business system, MRP/ERP-based programs,
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication,
- Good organizational skills as related to large and complex data sets,
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills within a team setting.
- Stable employment within a growing and dynamic team
- Advancement opportunities in international team
- Competitive base pay
- A total rewards package, that includes: private health insurance, life & accidental insurance, foreign languages courses, Multisport package
- Company performance bonus program
- Work-life balance, semi-flexible working time
- Employee – friendly renumeration structrure based
on creative works (available for selected positions)