- Ogłoszenie wygasło miesiąc temu
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
Hapag-Lloyd AG is one of the leading global liner shipping companies with over 170 years tradition in the industry. 239 modern ships, 12.0 million TEU (Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit) transported in a year, around 13,000 motivated staff in 388 offices in 129 countries, networked through an IT System that is the industry leader. For more details, please visit our page: www.hapag-lloyd.com
Hapag-Lloyd Polska Ltd. – Area North with its HQ in Gdańsk is looking for a candidate for the position of:
We can offer you a positon in a newly established diversified Hapag-Lloyd Area North (consisting of offices in Poland, Sweden, Denmark and Finland) covering 10 countries with a mixture of own offices and agencies. Area’s main office has recently been moved to new modern premises at Alchemia in Gdansk, hosting other international companies and providing an agile international environment, which fits well to the Hapag-Lloyd strategy. You would report directly to the PTO Manager located in Gdańsk and be part of dynamic and experienced team.
Resonsibilities and Tasks
Your role would be to arrange and monitor that the containers and cargoes are handled at the terminals without any problem and that the vessel and berthing operations are smoothly executed.
- Arranging Vessel, Port and Cargo Operations in accordance with local rules / regulations and safety/ security procedures for both feeders and ocean vessels, including 3rd party operators
- Tracing shipments to assure that all containers load as booked
- Creating shut out lists and investigating load list cancellation reasons
- Providing forecasts to terminals, vessel planners and partners on cargo set to sail
- Making sure vessels are loaded and unloaded in a timely fashion
- Being the initial point of contact for (operational) claims, notifying the proper parties of damaged equipment/cargo, arranging for surveys and re-packings to be conducted
- Preparing special cargo manifests, incl. hazardous manifests and collecting hazardous dock receipts;
- Planning transshipment connections and feeder pre-carriage to respective hub ports
- Creating and providing Terminal Departure Report to vessel planners after vessel sailing
- Maintaining and/or creating vessel schedules (incl. arrival/departure dates and cut offs/pick ups)
- Reconciling cargo booked for vessels at cut off dates to avoid imbalances at the terminal
- Arranging and providing cost estimates for special shipments (i.e.: out-of-gauge, stowage, lashing, securing)
- Arranging OOG surveys and break bulk cargo load/discharge activities
- Providing Value Added Services (VAS) for customers
- Creating Port, Terminal and Feeder Transport Work Orders and follow up on cost queries
- Creating exception (TREX) occurred in the port (terminal / vessel) for cost recovery
- Close contact with other HL departments in/outside Area North (Customer Service, Procurement, OPSS, Equipment, AP, Network, etc) as well as external vendors/subcontractors
- Problem solving (gate issues, change of rotation, EDI, etc)
- Participating and/or initiating process improvement and cost saving opportunities
Requirements and Qualifications
- University degree (Shipping, Maritime Organization of Seaborne Trade, Foreign Trade, Logistics or similar).
- Comprehensive experience in the liner shipping business, incl. transport and logistics (4 – 5 years).
- Knowledge on dangerous goods.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Very good time management skills and ability to work under the time pressure
- Team player values
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PPT)
- Coffee, tea and fruit
in the office
- English lessons
in the office
- Modern office space
- Benefits platform
We are looking forward to your application and for you to joining our team!